PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for garden decorations

butterfly
18-01-2011, 09:00 AM
I've spent the weekend readying my garden for outdoor play and planting. I've purchased and installed a new wire fence (about 2 ft high) to cordon off the grass so that the children can only play on the patio whilst it's still so wet.

I was looking for some ideas of what we could make to decorate the garden. Last year we tied ribbons on to the fence so that they blew in the wind but they've got tangled and wet and yucky!

I was thinking old cds but don't have any ideas beyond that! Is anyone else feeling inspired this morning?

Louise0208
18-01-2011, 09:05 AM
what about making some bird feeders or use coloured plastic bags instead of ribbons for breezy decorations :)

empty bottles with a blob of paint in the bottom (or food colouring) glitter, gems etc in & every time it rains it fills a bit more & shows whats in there.

Angela234
18-01-2011, 11:52 AM
I have been on sparklebox and printed off some posters/pictures for the garden, seasons, numbers and road signs to laminate.

Have made my own colour and shapes to laminate

I am going to buy a new mirror and a plastic fence sheet panel to fix to the wall for pegging pictures/dolls clothes onto as well as a weaving activity.

Doing a new blackboard

Will keep an eye on this tread to see what other ideas people have

mama2three
18-01-2011, 11:59 AM
my trees are full of things , from bunting to suncatchers . My favourite is kind of a take on a dreamcatcher - we got a couple of old hula hoops and lots of pieces of material , plus lots of natural bits , twigs , feathers etc and got creative..they look lovely hanging in the tree and blowing around. we also made bird feeders using coconut shells , but we painted and varnished the shells first before filling with fat , apple , seeds etc so they are really eyecatching too.
If your fence is the kind with squares in ( iyswim!) then the utensil holders from ikea fit really well and we plant them up , or use them for mini collections of pinecones , pebbles etc.

Must admit that dh now hates the garden with all my 'hippy-sh!t' as he calls it around!