PDA

View Full Version : crb for 16 year old son

lilliuspillius
18-01-2011, 08:15 AM
hello, my son will be 16 in the summer. I know i have to get a crb for him, but when do i do it?, when he is 16, or in time for his 16th birthday? how long does it take to do? and does anyone know a contact number for me to get a form or can i download it?
many thanks

mama2three
18-01-2011, 08:45 AM
My ds is 16 next month , spoke to ofsted who have said to download the ey2 form from their site and send it in , then they will send out a crb close to his birthday.
Officially we dont have to do anything as it should be flagged on their system once a child approaches 16 and they send all relevant paperwork. As long as we have told them about the child on the original paperwork then we wouldnt be penalised as the obligation / responsibility lies with ofsted.

sonia ann
18-01-2011, 09:28 AM
My ds is 16 next month , spoke to ofsted who have said to download the ey2 form from their site and send it in , then they will send out a crb close to his birthday.
Officially we dont have to do anything as it should be flagged on their system once a child approaches 16 and they send all relevant paperwork. As long as we have told them about the child on the original paperwork then we wouldnt be penalised as the obligation / responsibility lies with ofsted.

just be aware that they can get it wrong, apparently they had no knowledge of my son despite me being registered for 14yrs, him being included in my numbers, having had 4 inspections and me confirming a month before hand with Ofsted that i need not do anything and they would send me the forms at the right time :angry:

Mouse
18-01-2011, 09:31 AM
I've had 2 children turn 16 while I've been minding & another one turning 16 next month. For the first 2, Ofsted sent the forms out automatically. I still haven't had anything through for the 3rd one yet, so I'll leave it another couple of weeks & contact them then if I still haven't received the form.

mufftie
18-01-2011, 09:32 AM
ive had both of my over 16's done but i did hear that they have changed things and dont automatically do it at 16 now they can wait until your next inspection , so in theory your child could be 19 when its done , sounds crazy but thats what i heard

Adiamond
18-01-2011, 11:35 AM
My dd turned 16 last October, Ofsted were on the ball all the forms were through my door 2 days after her birthday. We sent the forms off and the crb office started processing her crb on the 26th November and we received it back last Friday :rolleyes: x x

sarah707
18-01-2011, 06:14 PM

Please do not believe this!! They get it wrong all the time :rolleyes:

Make yourself responsible for ensuring it happens or you might have problems on inspection day :(

mrs robbie williams
18-01-2011, 06:24 PM
my dd was 16 in September and i received a form a couple of weeks before her birthday xx

Chimps Childminding
18-01-2011, 07:06 PM
just be aware that they can get it wrong, apparently they had no knowledge of my son despite me being registered for 14yrs, him being included in my numbers, having had 4 inspections and me confirming a month before hand with Ofsted that i need not do anything and they would send me the forms at the right time :angry:

same here!!! I have been minding for 12 years and had 3 inspections and they still had no record of my 4th son!!! :angry:

sonia ann
18-01-2011, 08:04 PM
same here!!! I have been minding for 12 years and had 3 inspections and they still had no record of my 4th son!!! :angry:
lol...maybe it's a 4th child problem :D