PDA

View Full Version : enquiry for next year 2012....

mr man
17-01-2011, 10:59 PM
hi - can i ask for your expert help again !!
i ahve had an enquiry for next year ??? argh its this ?

As I work shifts (currently 8-6 in Warrington) but 4 days a week, including weekends, I only know which days I am working a month in advance and really need a flexible childminder to suit my work pattern each month.
To make things more difficult my husband also currently works alternate weeks of early and late shifts, so for example if he's on an early and I'm at work we'll need you between 7.30 and 3.30. if he's on a late we'll need you between 1pm and about 6.30pm. we will only need you at the most 4 days a week, and once every 5 weeks we will only need you two days in that week (if I'm working the weekend)
I understand its alot to ask but would you be able to facilitate this?
I would need childcare to start around February next year and as described above. regards

how would i possibly go about this? i'm sure i can do what she is asking but a whole year in advance. i would certainly have to make sure the space is available for feb - or is it too far in advance ?
plus would i ask for the same fee every 5 weeks even though ( if ive read right) i will only be needed for 2 days that week.

if it every 5 weeks, then i wouldn't mind fees only being 2 day each 5 weeks . be honest i went to do this to be with my children and told my dh i'm happy as long as i earn what i am use to earning on my part time job, well i do this with mindee no1. but will i regret it?? argh.

any avice would be great thanks.

PixiePetal
17-01-2011, 11:16 PM
wow that's a long way off!

what about a day rate that you are happy with 4 days a week then on the short weeks, offer to cut 1 day so pay for 3 as a compromise? Just an idea, no reason really to cut at all as you could not fill the odd days.

Just trying to work out a possibility for you - never done it myself so others may have better ways!

mr man
17-01-2011, 11:26 PM
thanks, i will keep that in mind too thanks.

Ive replied with the usual infomation, but of course if we were to agree then, she would have to wait till baby is born, as i cannot take deposit on an unborn child.

really do hope this leads to something. it would be nice to have someone so intrested. plus to look after a baby and possibly care for them right up to school years would be great.

rickysmiths
18-01-2011, 12:30 AM
Personally I would not discuss any detail until after the baby had safely arrived and settled. Asking 13 moths in advance is a bit extreme really.