PDA

View Full Version : cheeky or what!

curlycathy
17-01-2011, 10:20 PM
Well now I know I made the right decision giving notice.

This mum is very snobby and has a real issue with her lo getting dirty - hence lots of snide comments about getting his clothes clean after he's been playing in my garden, or painting, play-dohing etc etc. She used to really get to me to the extent that the other los did suffer - cos I would be too scared to get messy stuff out on the days her lo was here. Until last summer that is when I finally had enough, chilled out and have given her lo some great times if I do say so myself (and have the photos to prove it lol!!)

Anyway after I tearfully gave notice to her last week she decided - the very next day - that after he finishes with me he will go to the local pre-school where my dd goes and loads of village kids go that he will know. She hasn't looked into anywhere else - I did say that if I could I would go with her to look at nurseries but she doesnt want him to go to someone she doesnt know and she knows one worker at the pre-school.

So my friend was talking to her at toddlers about lo going to this pre-school and mentioned that he will come back dirty and covered in paint, glue and mud (on account of how the kids all seem to like to paint each other and then roll in the mud - at least thats what it looks like when their happy tired dirty faces come beaming out lol!!). This mum looked horrified - so my friend told her to get herself to Asda or Tesco, pick up a couple of cheap pairs of jeans, buy a couple of pre-school t-shirts and then she wouldnt have to worry about his clothes.

To which the mum replied - oh he does have Asda and Tesco clothes but I don't let him leave the house wearing them!!!!

And then she asked if the pre-school would have any clothes they could give her for her lo to wear!!!!!!!

Honestly - this woman. She has so much money, lives in a massive house and wants others to clothe her child!

Only 22 more sleeps....:D

mr man
17-01-2011, 10:30 PM
omi god - thats terrible. how much is this little lo missing out becasue of mums obsessions. :(

Pipsqueak
17-01-2011, 10:31 PM
what a stoopid woman

you have done the right thing - not your problem anymore:D

karensmart4
17-01-2011, 10:32 PM
Oh no, poor child :(

When I worked in a nursery we had a parent like that, we tried to keep the lil girl as clean as pos, we put long sleeved aprons on her, we monitored her every second but she still got dirty.

Dad used to come in and strip her off, wash her all over with wet wipes, put clean clothes on her and do her hair.... and they were only going home the majority of the time :eek:

I did tell him to let her wear old clothes for nursery but he said she doesn't have any old clothes and looked at me in disgust, I then said perhaps buy some cheap and cheerful clothes especially for nursery days but he was horrified :panic:

I felt so sorry for the lil girl and she just loved to get involved with messy play.

mufftie
17-01-2011, 10:56 PM
ita awful isnt it , i liked to keep my kids clean but not to that extent :eek:

xdirtydancerx
18-01-2011, 01:16 AM
Oh my goodness! I'm literally speechless. I think we all like to have nice clean children but we also like them to have fun don't we? Some parents!!

angeldelight
18-01-2011, 07:46 AM
Sounds like you have done the right thing

Angel xx

curlycathy
18-01-2011, 07:58 AM
The gloves are off ladies - for his last four weeks we are going to do so much messy play ha ha ha!!!!

Gloop today. Followed by play doh (he loves, mum hates it).

Please feel free to add ideas....

angeldelight
18-01-2011, 08:01 AM
The gloves are off ladies - for his last four weeks we are going to do so much messy play ha ha ha!!!!

:laughing: :laughing:

Think they will not last a week

Angel xx

FussyElmo
18-01-2011, 08:15 AM
Whereas I love messy play and Im lucky enough to have parents who send them in old clothes and not get stressed over the children being messy.

This actually could have been my friend several years ago she was exactly the same but she was suffering from OCD and couldnt do anything about it.. It took alot of help and understanding for her to change and even now she will say something but you can now tell her that it is a bit exterme.

It doesnt excuse the woman's snootiness and rudeness but if she has got a form of OCD then she cant help herself.

However it could just be the way the woman is :)

rickysmiths
18-01-2011, 08:24 AM
Whereas I love messy play and Im lucky enough to have parents who send them in old clothes and not get stressed over the children being messy.

This actually could have been my friend several years ago she was exactly the same but she was suffering from OCD and couldnt do anything about it.. It took alot of help and understanding for her to change and even now she will say something but you can now tell her that it is a bit exterme.

It doesnt excuse the woman's snootiness and rudeness but if she has got a form of OCD then she cant help herself.

However it could just be the way the woman is :)

I was just going to say the same. It is an illness and can't be helped but that is no excuse to be rude. You are very good to offer to visit pre-schools with her. I will give parents a list with contact names and phone numbers, I give gentle reminders when I think they should be thinking about sending their lo but that is it. Parents job to do the looking.

Ripeberry
18-01-2011, 08:47 AM
Oh no, poor child :(

When I worked in a nursery we had a parent like that, we tried to keep the lil girl as clean as pos, we put long sleeved aprons on her, we monitored her every second but she still got dirty.

Dad used to come in and strip her off, wash her all over with wet wipes, put clean clothes on her and do her hair.... and they were only going home the majority of the time :eek:

I did tell him to let her wear old clothes for nursery but he said she doesn't have any old clothes and looked at me in disgust, I then said perhaps buy some cheap and cheerful clothes especially for nursery days but he was horrified :panic:

I felt so sorry for the lil girl and she just loved to get involved with messy play.

I'm :eek: :eek: that there are people out there like that! What on earth is the child going to be like when they are older :(

Bridey
18-01-2011, 09:55 AM

A nice big bowl of spag bol for dinner :)

kindredspirits
18-01-2011, 09:58 AM
its one thing not liking mess - its a whole other kettle of fish saying she wouldn't let her child leave the house in cheap clothing! :angry: :angry: my son lives in his value jeans, they're about £2 a pair and seeing as how he goes through the knee of trousers about once a week they do a stunning job! :thumbsup:

butterfly
18-01-2011, 10:05 AM
All I can say is 'what a snob!' That poor child!

Louise0208
18-01-2011, 10:22 AM
its one thing not liking mess - its a whole other kettle of fish saying she wouldn't let her child leave the house in cheap clothing! :angry: :angry: my son lives in his value jeans, they're about £2 a pair and seeing as how he goes through the knee of trousers about once a week they do a stunning job! :thumbsup:

same here....primark, ebay or if iv been handling my money well i save money for the next sales :)

arly
18-01-2011, 10:54 AM
Money is not everything in life...........:angry: I really despise people who think they are better than others deep down i really bet they are not happy!

I love Asda, Tesco, Primark etc etc my kids have a great selection of clothes that wash well and Im not embarassed to let my kids out. My goodness if she saw my 8 year old after a nights football in the playing field....:panic: then she would know what dirty was :clapping: :laughing:

miffy
18-01-2011, 10:58 AM

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Wicked! Have fun :D

Miffy xx

shelly2012
18-01-2011, 11:06 AM
:clapping: I LOVE it. The messier the better lol Muddy pies is in order too

curlycathy
18-01-2011, 11:27 AM
No she doesn't have OCD - she really is just rude and snobby - she brings her own filter coffee in a flask to toddlers because - and I quote - "I'm not drinking the crap served here"!! She also lets the lo one drink coffee cos he had a tantrum wanting some - she always gives in to him. I don't mind that she can't deal with mess - its all the little snidey comments I've had to put up with over the last year - at one point she was dropping massive hints that I should wash HER sons clothes because he went home with a bit of crayon on his (white) top!

So - we've had glittery gloop and playdoh this morning, having a little rest now - and then we might go for a walk down the muddy lane after lunch :D

And yes - I'm think spag bol next week - she does want him to get used to cutlery after all...:laughing:

tracey36
18-01-2011, 11:37 AM
omg i cant beleive sopme parents!! dosnt she realise how much fun children have with messy play!!

caz3007
18-01-2011, 11:41 AM
Heheheheh you little devil you :laughing:

We went camping a few years ago and in the next tent where two girls about 10 years old. The site was brilliant, not a lot to do but had a boating lake with free rowboats. I took my DS down and one of these girls was on the boats, saying to her friends dont splash me, then proceeded to list the cost of each item of her clothing and the outfit including boots added up to over £100. Now I am sorry but who in the right minds would take a child camping in an outfit that cost that much money!!! For our family camping is all about getting wet, messy and muddy. One site we went to all the kids played out in the morning in their PJ's, wellies and fleeces cos they were getting so messy :D

xdirtydancerx
18-01-2011, 11:52 AM
My 7 yr old dd only likes to shop in primark - if we see clothes anywhere else she'll always say "No mummy it's not primark" I think it's because because we always come out with a bag full of stuff for a small amount of money lol