PDA

View Full Version : Parent feedback

Helcatt
17-01-2011, 08:13 PM
I did a contract review with a parent today

I was going to do a questionnaire for her to complete but realised that it was on the old, dead computer. So am having to do that this eve to pass on tomorrow

All is good, most feedback from her was minimal and I can see what she was getting at, and she seems really happy generally

Feedback was that, if I am behind on feeding time, can I let them know so they collect a few minutes later? Contracted til 7 but usually collect at 6 so can't complain there.

If we are going to be late back from a trip, to let them know so they don't turn up at house and we're not there. Fair enough. only happened once, and was driving so couldn't call or text. Before and since then, I have made sure that if we are running late, I text and often just drop B off saving them coming out. Its only a few minutes drive from my house anyway.

And the other, was could they see the LJ more often - fair enough, I suggested I send it home at each school holiday so they get it roughly every 6 weeks. And said I would include my "check-list" of learning goals so they can clearly get an overview of how he's doing

Are those reasonable? And would you still do the questionnaire anyway? Even though I can't imagine much else will be added

Phew! If there was any feedback to be had, it would be stuff like that that I can easily rectify

HX

Noomie
17-01-2011, 08:55 PM
It would be nice for them to let you know what they think you are doing well! Still do the questionaire and make sure there is something in it that covers this.

sarah707
17-01-2011, 09:01 PM
I'd be tempted to fill the questionnaire in with all the things you have mentioned and a little note to say how you are going to meet their needs in future...

Then ask for a positive comment to go on the end before they sign it! :D

Helcatt
17-01-2011, 09:28 PM
Ta muchly - I do worry that I come across badly organised or appear to not know what I am doing, but they generally seem really pleased. And I think she really could see how much effort I was putting in to the LJ

Thanks, will ask for positives too - she did say she's very happy with Bs development etc, would prefer it if he was talking more (he's 20 months) but agrees that he is little etc and will go with my guidance

Going to copy the one off bromley cms now and edit accordingly - thats what I did before, just never used

Does anyone have a different form for different things? ie if you are asking about how experience was for new parents/settling in period feedback as apposed to longer standing clients

HX

miffy
17-01-2011, 09:41 PM
I think you got quite a lot of feedback there! Like Sarah says I'd get it all in writing plus what you've agreed to do in response to what they've said.

Miffy xx

Minstrel
17-01-2011, 09:46 PM
Also add it to your SEF or other reflection paperwork for next inspection :)

Helcatt
17-01-2011, 09:59 PM
Also add it to your SEF or other reflection paperwork for next inspection :)

Thanks for the reminder - I started thinking about it so I could show to Ofsted, didn't think I could add in to the self reflection stuff too

Will scribble down notes now before I forget - guess at least I can refer back to this post.:laughing:

HX

Minstrel
18-01-2011, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the reminder - I started thinking about it so I could show to Ofsted, didn't think I could add in to the self reflection stuff too

Will scribble down notes now before I forget - guess at least I can refer back to this post.:laughing:

HX

of course you can. You are evaluating your practices in respose to a parent. Can't think of a better example! :thumbsup: