PDA

View Full Version : Australia Day

maisiemog
17-01-2011, 09:38 AM
Wanted to do something for this....its on 26th Jan but struggling for ideas.

One of my mindees has an Aussie dad so I should do something really but what???

I might make anzac biscuits but i'm reluctant to because of the coconut in them....the smell of it makes me heave!!!

Do you have any ideas????

spowage
17-01-2011, 09:41 AM
flags,cork hat, kangaroos. mini pieces of bread with butter on sprinkled with hundreds and thousands on ...simple.

It's a small world
17-01-2011, 11:23 AM
last year we made digiradoos (sp) out of kitchen rolls. We also did aboriginal cave paintings...- hand placed on paper and paint around remove hand and handprint pattern left. We also did colournig pictures including Australian flag. This year I have made koala puppets that the children are going to decorate plus pictures of Australia .

karen48
17-01-2011, 01:38 PM
you could make boomerangs and decorate them.

karen

mufftie
17-01-2011, 02:12 PM
you could make boomerangs and decorate them.

karen

can i pinch that idea , sounds simple

sandy64
17-01-2011, 02:18 PM
were making boomerangs and lemingtons but will roll them in grated white chocalate as im allergic to coconut lol just printed dolls and australia costumes of activityvillage and mini flags:) all easy for 3yr olds

Ripeberry
17-01-2011, 04:47 PM
Or you could do Aboriginal paintings of lizards using 'dots' of colour. Maybe one for the older mindees? Cork hats sound good, just got to find some corks :rolleyes:

jadavi
16-04-2012, 04:51 AM
I'm thinking of doing an Ozzie theme next Wednesday as google says its Anzac day (Ofsted is coming)
Bit confused about the dates on the above thread. Did I get the date wrong?

christine e
16-04-2012, 05:37 AM
Australia Day is 26th January and ANZAC day (Australia and New Zealand Army Corps) is 25th April. Australia Day is Australia's national day of celebration and ANZAC day is a day of remembrance for those who fought and died

Cx

jadavi
16-04-2012, 05:56 AM
O well as it's a national holiday in both countries I think that justifies having kangaroo soup (made with beef) and making Anzac cookies and singing waltzing Mathilda and doing some hand printing ....
Thanks.