PDA

View Full Version : Enquiries...

phoebe-alice
16-01-2011, 10:05 PM
Why do all enquiries seem to be ones that don't fit in with my life and current mindees!
If only a promising enquiry would creep up all seem to be wanting silly hours or pick ups and drop off's the other side of town when I can't drive, I wouldn't mind if it was the local school in walking distance but they all seem to be schools a good few miles away. :rolleyes:
The joys of waiting, I'm sure something will come up when I'm not expecting it as well.
I'm happy with the two mindees I have at the moment but it would be nice to fill another space or two. :blush:
Does anyone else feel in the same boat?

mufftie
16-01-2011, 10:07 PM
i find it goes in 'fashions' nothing for ages then all of a sudden too many to cope with

:rolleyes:

venus89
16-01-2011, 10:22 PM
I've had four so far this year :eek:

I think that's more than I had all year last year :laughing:

But I'm full so I can't tak any of them. Shame - one was 2 children 10 hours a day for 5 days a week. Oh think of the money......

mufftie
16-01-2011, 10:30 PM
But I'm full so I can't tak any of them. Shame - one was 2 children 10 hours a day for 5 days a week. Oh think of the money......

core blimey lucky minder who gets that contact !

clio0602
16-01-2011, 10:31 PM
I've had nothing since June and now in the past week I've had 5 :eek: Only one I can poss do is a baby for Sep :rolleyes:

gegele
16-01-2011, 10:32 PM
I've had four so far this year :eek:

I think that's more than I had all year last year :laughing:

:eek: :eek: didn't know they still exised those. i would have just those 2 LOL:D

cheryl6880
16-01-2011, 10:40 PM
wish i would get some really desperate as i found out last week i am losing my after schooler as the school is opening a afterschool club so in trouble money wise now from next month and its my eldest girls birthday and iv no money for a gift or party i really hope something comes along soon i had an interview last week and waiting to hear i bumped into them yesturday and they said they saw enoughter lady so they were gonna talk and call me to let me know but i havent heard yet really hoping i get it

SYLVIA
16-01-2011, 10:56 PM
I'm looking for 2 children to fill odd days. Just had to turn down 18mth old twin 11 hrs a day 5 days a week. I'm gutted! That would be lovely

AliceK
17-01-2011, 10:07 AM
When I had all my early years spaces full I got loads of enquiries and couldn't help any of them but now I have 1 eyfs space and am desperately looking to fill with min of 15hrs per week I've not had any enquiries for ages. I may look at filling those hours with a before / after schoolie now.

xxxx

Ripeberry
17-01-2011, 10:41 AM
It an example of 'Sods law' at work :(

Chimps Childminding
17-01-2011, 10:45 AM
I have had one this morning - first in absolutely ages :eek: recommendation from a current parent, only trouble is they want one day the same as said parent who is currently off on maternity leave!! Their babies are only a few days difference in age and they both want to start back before the babies will be 1 so not sure if I will be able to accomodate the new one. Obviously my loyalty is to the mum on maternity leave :thumbsup:

I know Ofsted don't usually give variations for new mindees, but it will be for 1 day a week for about 4 months - not sure if it is worth giving it a try :rolleyes: