PDA

View Full Version : Registering with food standards agency?

Tippy Toes
16-01-2011, 09:45 PM
Hello

Just realised this is something I need to do. :panic: How do I go about this? And what does it entail?

Thanks all :)

rickysmiths
16-01-2011, 09:48 PM
You have to Register with your local Environmental Health Department as a Food Premisis. If you ring your local council officies they will put you through.

catlyn
16-01-2011, 10:04 PM
Mine was simply a phone call to them, they sent me a pack to read and fill in, they rang me a few days later, asked a few questions and I was registered....some areas do a home visit though

manjay
16-01-2011, 10:06 PM
I would get hold of a copy of this Safer Food Better Business for Childminders (http://www.food.gov.uk/foodindustry/regulation/hygleg/hyglegresources/sfbb/sfbbchildminders/) . I know in our area the Enviromental Health dept have copies that they send out. As RS says ring your local EH dept at the council and they will let you know what to do. In Flintshire they send a form for you to complete and return. I then had an unannounced visit about 3 months later. It was very very thorough but I do think it depends on what food you serve to the children. Some others in my area have not had such an indepth visit as I did.

Blackcat
16-01-2011, 10:14 PM
my local council just send s the book

phoebe-alice
16-01-2011, 11:01 PM
Oh goodness I hadn't realised either, is it the same for Scottish childminders? :panic:
Who exactly do I get in contact with if so? I knew I needed the food hygiene certificate which I have but hadn't heard about registering.
If anyone could give me any advice that would be great.

aly
17-01-2011, 10:31 AM
What council do U come under? I come under Caerphilly and I had to contact the early years team in the family information service who sent the details out to me x

tracey36
17-01-2011, 01:45 PM
i was sent a form automatically which i filled out and sent off, normally thats the end of it i must have been the lucky one they drew out of the hat to come visit was all ok though and told everything was up to standard :)

Tippy Toes
17-01-2011, 02:11 PM
What council do U come under? I come under Caerphilly and I had to contact the early years team in the family information service who sent the details out to me x

Rhondda Cynon Taff. Did you have an inspection?

aly
17-01-2011, 09:04 PM
no i've not long sent it off as i put it under something and forgot....:blush:

i was sent a folder with checks to do and they said that we wouldnt really be inspected but would have help and advice if needed.