PDA

View Full Version : Which rooms to register?

mrsbonnet
16-01-2011, 09:08 PM
Waiting for Ofsted to contact re pre-reg visit.

I'm unsure which rooms to register. We have a bungalow with open plan living which will be the main area and I can shut a door to this. The loo is close by in the hall and I'm not using our bedroom for CM. My children's bedrooms are off the hall (DS 4 and DD 2). The council lady told me not to use them but I can see a problem arising if my children want to play in their rooms in the day or want to invite a mindee in there. The council's thoughts were also concerned with my children having their personal things broken by mindees.

If my children were older it wouldn't be a problem but I'll be minding similar ages.

jo.jo76
16-01-2011, 09:25 PM
When I had my inspection I asked about registering my children's rooms and she said just have all rooms registered and then it is up to me if I let minded children in them or not. Sounded good advice to me!

~Grasshopper~
16-01-2011, 09:43 PM
hi

ive reg my whole house incase i need to put a lo in my room if my son is home and his room so i can put a travel cot in there whilst he is at school. Better to have the whole house reg and not use it than be restricted i think.

xxxxx

rickysmiths
16-01-2011, 09:45 PM
I have always had all my rooms registered and then its up to me what i use. Just because they are registered doesn't mean you have to use them.

mufftie
16-01-2011, 10:00 PM
i used to have all rooms registered but when she inspected me the first time i hated having her go upstairs and into my bedroom and onsuite , just felt like she was snooping so on the last inspection i told her she couldnt go upsatairs and id like them taken of the register made things simpler for me

Doofuz
17-01-2011, 06:46 AM
I am a little way off my pre-reg inspection but have been thinking about this and am planning on registering the whole house, including the garden. I wasn't going to register the garden originally as there is a park next door and I have dogs so I wanted them to have somewhere of their own but my mum said she could walk them sometimes during the day for me so will be able to get paddling pool out for an hour. Like someone else said, better to register all than be be restricted.

Tam's Tribe
17-01-2011, 08:04 AM
When I had my inspection I asked about registering my children's rooms and she said just have all rooms registered and then it is up to me if I let minded children in them or not. Sounded good advice to me!

I was given this advice, didnt take it :blush: and a year into childminding I registered the bedrooms.

Mainly so the little ones have a peaceful quiet place to nap (as I have some LOs who dont anymore) and sometimes my boys want to go and play in their rooms with a mindee.

Registered all rooms is my advice and then it is up to you which ones to allow access to.

gigglinggoblin
17-01-2011, 09:56 AM
I have all mine registered, kids rooms are by invitation only and mine was just for sleeping. When I was inspected none of the bedrooms were being used so she didnt check them but they werent unregistered.

caz3007
17-01-2011, 10:04 AM
Mine are all registered too, my initial inspector was an ex CM and suggested it was a good idea, so I went along with it. In the past I have used bedrooms for naps and also my son can take the older mindies upstairs to his room if he wishes.