PDA

View Full Version : Anyone rang police to chase CRB?

Rmead
16-01-2011, 07:41 PM
I had my pre-reg visit last week and I mentioned to my inspector that my CRB was on stage 4. She said you can ring the police to chase them about CRB as Ofsted can't for 60 days (18th Feb for me). Anyone done this? Not sure whether to contact my local county police and ask. Anything to help push it on a bit :)

Blaze
16-01-2011, 07:45 PM
Me - I did - had it within 2 days!:thumbsup:

Adiamond
16-01-2011, 07:50 PM
Me - I did - had it within 2 days!:thumbsup:

Me too, and they rang me back to tell me had been sent :thumbsup: x

catlyn
16-01-2011, 08:11 PM
mine arrived a couple of days after I rang them...cant hurt to do it....might push it to the front of any queue its in ;)

jo.jo76
16-01-2011, 08:45 PM
Really! What number did you call them on? My partners CRB is all I'm waiting on and Ofsted won't chase them up until 24th Jan, Police have had it since November!

Rmead
16-01-2011, 09:58 PM
Yes is it just your local county police? I'll give them a call tomorrow then! Thank you :clapping:

catlyn
16-01-2011, 10:03 PM
I live in Durham but my CRB was with Northumbria police....they were really helpful when I rang them

candy cat
16-01-2011, 10:19 PM
ask for disclosures:)

Louise B
17-01-2011, 12:05 AM
I chased mine too and they did mine that day, and my partner's the next, we had them back within 3 days :) Ofsted had actually told me I couldn't chase the police, but I thought it wouldn't do any harm, and it wasn't like the police would ring Ofsted to report me for ignoring them, lol.. xx

funfunfun
17-01-2011, 08:20 AM
:) I did too !!

Spoke to a very nice lady who sorted everthing out and there were with us the bext day

Rmead
17-01-2011, 09:55 AM
GRRR! We've lived in three counties over the last 5 years so was gradually getting through them, Wiltshire police had done it, rang Kent they've done theirs so it was Herefordshire, rang the police there - West Mercia and they won't discuss it on the phone because of data protection. Why will the other police authorities then? So they won't listen until 60 days.

Also rang Ofsted about my social services check that's outstanding and surprise surprise that is Herefordshire too and when I rang them the guy didn't know who I should speak to and nobody else was in the office so he's going to "try" to find out. Why am I not surprised it's Herefordshire holding up my registration, I lived there all my childhood, it's like the dark ages lol. :mad: Rant over :clapping:

LilyBelles
20-01-2011, 07:44 PM
i chased mine through the local police headquarters and it had been sent on someone desks for 2 weeks so was a good job i called :)

Blackcat
20-01-2011, 08:14 PM
my local police told me to call CRB place direct

Blackcat
21-01-2011, 09:40 AM
i chased mine through the local police headquarters and it had been sent on someone desks for 2 weeks so was a good job i called :)

which deptment in the police was dealing with it?

LilyBelles
21-01-2011, 10:40 AM
which deptment in the police was dealing with it?

i called and told the receptionist that i wanted to chase a CRB check and they put me through to the correct department if they try to redirect you tell them you have spoke to them and no look so need to know from them