PDA

View Full Version : Oh Great!

katickles
17-04-2008, 11:06 AM
just spoken to my network co-ordinator about my first graded inspection next week & she said she's REALLY annoyed with ofsted at the mo. The lady doing my inspection she says is not showing any consistancy at all in her inspections. Shes really pushed to get the new minders on the network to get a "Good" but she says they seem to be moving the goal posts all the time.

On a brighter note - she's told me not to worry. She said that she doesn't know why, as she says my paperworks all upto date & she's sure i'll be fine, but she'll come & see me tomorrow afternoon.

She has warned me not to get my hopes up for a "good" as this inspector has yet to grade a new minder good, they have all got satisfactory. She said that she knows a couple who she can't see why they haven't had a good - but hay, i'll be happy with satisfactory as at least it shows i'm meeting all the standards & requirements. She also mentioned that the inspector seems hot on diversety of needs?

Oh well - what ever happens on the day happens. I will keep you all up-dated though. :)

Pipsqueak
17-04-2008, 11:17 AM
Nothing like a bit of positive thought is there!:rolleyes:

Your network co-ordinator is right - there appears to be no consistency between inspectors (and individual inspectors from 'spect to 'spect - guess it depends on what side of the bed they got out of ) and yes they do move the goal posts.

At the end of the day you can only be as good as you possibly can be, be confident from the moment you open you door, be prepared (have a little list of things that you don't want to forget to mention/draw her attention to one way or another), be professional. I am sure you will be fine and regardless of your grading you know you have done your best!

Good luck and let us know

sarah707
17-04-2008, 11:18 AM
Here's a useful thread covering ideas for making your setting more diverse...

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=41&highlight=multicultural

Good luck! :D

miffy
17-04-2008, 05:02 PM
Good luck I'm sure you'll be fine and you never know - there is no reason why you shouldn't get good or outstanding on your first inspection

My advice - if you think the inspector is being unfair challenge her as long as you have some evidence to back up what you're saying

miffy xx

angeldelight
17-04-2008, 05:36 PM
I agree with Miffy

Good luck Kate

Angel xx