PDA

View Full Version : My head is spinning with all the info!

fieryleo1984
15-01-2011, 08:18 PM
Sorry about double posting here but im on information overload with the childminding brief! Im not sure where to start, i guess with the paperwork!!

My OH main concern is me not having a stable income so have had to talk him round.
x

hello kitty
15-01-2011, 09:59 PM
Good luck with it all.

There is an awful lot to take on board and it must appear very daunting for any new childminder but remember everyone on here is very friendly and willing to offer advice if asked so if you need any help just shout. ;)

fieryleo1984
15-01-2011, 10:04 PM
Thankyou hun, Do i need to fill in a EY2 form or is it just my partner who lives with me? Confused lolx

Chatterbox Childcare
15-01-2011, 10:30 PM
To start with you need to contact your local Early Years, probably at the council and if not they will direct you.

You will be put on a course where everything should be explained, don't panic!!!

When you get your EY2 form you will need a Health Declaration, First Aid cert and anything else your council requires.

Once these are done and processed Ofsted will come out and you and anything else in the household over 16 will be requred to complete a CRB form. Once this is all done then you can start childminding.

Hope that helps

fieryleo1984
15-01-2011, 10:40 PM
Thanks Ive been on a childminding brief today but Im still confused lol! Ive got my pack of application forms and just going through it all now. I am ringing on monday to get booked on my first aid course etc. And a development officer is coming to visit on the 24th. I just want to get it all filled in correctly x