PDA

View Full Version : Oooo Help!! New Parent coming tomorrow and I need help with lots of questions!!!!....

Newbie1!
15-01-2011, 07:45 PM
.....hellos guys, please please can someone give me some pointers on the scenario below. I have had a call today from a parent who, it turns out, lives pretty much at the bottom of my garden :) So, heres the scene - mum and dad have split up, care of lo (boy aged 2 1/2) is divided between parents one week mum, one week dad. So it is dad who has called me as he will need care for when he is at work on his "week on". The care will prob be around 8am to 5pm every day but will include going to pre-school from 12.40 until 3.40 (I am assuming I will need to drop off/collect etc as dad was a bit vague)

So in this case how and what would you charge? My rate is £3.50 per hour, would I charge for when lo is at pre-school, would I charge for the week I wouldnt have him, or would I even it out so its a monthly amount so Im not flush one week and skint the next!!

Also, one tiny dilemma that I will have (this is assuming he wants to use me!!:blush: ) is that he wants me to start in about four weeks. Now to be able to do this I will need to give notice to a mindee I have at the mo (have been waiting for another to come along so I can give notice - he has moved too far away, and think if I dont do it soon then parents will anyway!!) What Im concerned about is that if I give notice on this one and then the other one decides not to come, should I take a deposit even though its only four weeks?? Normally I wouldnt but then normally I wouldnt be losing another mindee either............ooooooooooo please help!!! Sorry its sooooo long winded but need to get it clear in my head!!! Thank you thank you thank you xxxxx:panic: :panic: :panic:

mufftie
15-01-2011, 08:05 PM
dont know about the deposit , but i would charge whilst at pre-school and a retainer fee for the weeks not used maybe a lesser amount but still somthing as your not likely to fill that vacancy for alternative weeks

balijay
15-01-2011, 10:38 PM
Hi newbie,

Its completely up to you what you charge - I charge half fees for children at preschool, others charge full fee as they cannot really fill the space. Tricky situation regarding the alternate weeks though - you need to be charging something - not really sure what the solution is here (not helpful - sorry!)

I would say definitely take a deposit too - start as you mean to go on!
Good luck - hope you work something out - just don't agree to anything you won't be happy with further down the line! :)