PDA

View Full Version : school holidays this year

juejue
15-01-2011, 06:59 PM
What do you all think about them.

With Easter being at the end of April this year. They have to have s spring break

My nursery mindees are only in school for a total of 8 days in April :panic:

youarewhatyoueat
15-01-2011, 07:02 PM
The bit that bugs me is they are only back to school for 3 days then its the royal wedding then its another bank holday monday, Its a long time off.

Ripeberry
15-01-2011, 07:26 PM
What do you all think about them.

With Easter being at the end of April this year. They have to have s spring break

My nursery mindees are only in school for a total of 8 days in April :panic:

It's a bummer, especially as I'm term time only. I may take the whole month off and go somewhere nice for a holiday :cool:

Lincsminder
15-01-2011, 07:53 PM
i think it is great, I have booked 4 days off the 18th to the 21st but with the weekend and bank holidays it works out 10days off 3days work then 4 days off again

Playmate
15-01-2011, 08:07 PM
We have the problem that our schools have got different holidays :eek: We pick up from 2 primary schools one is off from 8th - 26th and my DD's school (and 2 mindees) are or off from 15th April -3rd May :eek:
the schools are in the same county, but because my DD's school is a catholic school they have changed the dates because Easter is so late. However my other DD goes to the Catholic secondry school and they have decided not to go with the diocese decision to change. We have 2 under 5's who are term time only and will have the first 2 weeks. We always take the 2nd week of the Easter break off, this year we will be taking the week that overlaps off, but will then still have big ones when we return to work. The only saving grace is that it is a 3 day week :clapping:

grindal
15-01-2011, 08:24 PM
My sons school has 3 inset days between end of easter and the summer holidays! Then in the newsletter on Friday I see there is another day off on 5th May as the school is going to be used as a polling station :eek: .

sarah707
15-01-2011, 08:31 PM
We collect from different schools as well - one is off for 2 weeks over Easter.

The Catholic one is off for 2 weeks at the beginning of April, then back for 4 days, then off again for the long weekend with May Day :rolleyes:

It is totally confusing me :panic: :D

Cammie Doodle
15-01-2011, 08:41 PM
Mmm Ive not looked at our's . Better get Diary out :idea:

crazyhazy
15-01-2011, 10:29 PM
They're off most of the month up here, they're only actually in the 1st, 18th, 19th, 20th, 21st, 27th, 28th and 29th, so 8 days for the full month, seems rather silly to me.

charleyfarley
15-01-2011, 10:36 PM
Mmm Ive not looked at our's . Better get Diary out :idea:

Me neither, I need to get organised I think :laughing:

Carol xx

Amaranth
15-01-2011, 10:50 PM
Ours are only at school for 8 days also. I think they should write it off and just have the whole of April off and make the summer hols a bit shorter! :D

Cammie Doodle
15-01-2011, 11:06 PM
It looks like ours will be there 9 days out the month, mind you I'm tired so will look again tomorrow :rolleyes: :yawning:

charlie potato
16-01-2011, 12:13 AM
ours break up thurs 14th april and go back tues 3rd may. Its about 2 and a half wks. xx

Minstrel
16-01-2011, 10:01 AM
They're off most of the month up here, they're only actually in the 1st, 18th, 19th, 20th, 21st, 27th, 28th and 29th, so 8 days for the full month, seems rather silly to me.

They won't be in on the 29th April - that's the Royal Wedding and a bank holiday.

Hebs
16-01-2011, 10:48 AM
i've just went on to our council website and printed off the holiday dates and all of my mindees are off from 18th april to fri 29th so just the regular 2 weeks easter break :clapping:

FussyElmo
16-01-2011, 10:52 AM
Ours finish on the 8th April go back on the 26th, 27th, 28th and then off till the 3rd :thumbsup:

mufftie
16-01-2011, 11:11 AM
ive booked a week off starting the 29th of April aswel as its hubby's 40th birthday and were going away for the week , and then a week of for whitsun , trouble is then ill have to work all the way through till christmas if i dont have a week in august which im not planning on this year :eek:

rickysmiths
16-01-2011, 12:07 PM
ive booked a week off starting the 29th of April aswel as its hubby's 40th birthday and were going away for the week , and then a week of for whitsun , trouble is then ill have to work all the way through till christmas if i dont have a week in august which im not planning on this year :eek:

Oh goodness surely you have more than 2-3 weeks holiday a year? How do you survive? I have 25 days plus BH. I'm sure your parents have more than that.

rickysmiths
16-01-2011, 12:16 PM
What anoys me about this Easter is that 2 years ago it was announced that the Easter holidays would, from then, be the first two weeks in April because on average, Easter falls one of the 1st 3 weekends in April. For the years it does not, like this year, we would still have the 1st 2 weeks in April and then have the Easter Bank Holday weekend off. What has happened to that paln :rolleyes: it seems to have been forgotten :eek:

We have this stupid thing where the Catholic Primary is off the week before Easter and the week after and all the other schools, including the Catholic High School are off the 2 weeks before Easter and go back the Tueaday. Now of course there is the extra BH for the Royal Wedding. I have heard the Catholic Primary Head went with the Diocese holiday because her lo is at a school with these hols, didn't think about her schools parents who have older sibllings at the High School and are now complaining like mad because their children have different holidays :eek: The only comfort is that the Head in doing this has deprived herself and her staff of an extra BH :laughing:

PixiePetal
16-01-2011, 01:50 PM
What anoys me about this Easter is that 2 years ago it was announced that the Easter holidays would, from then, be the first two weeks in April because on average, Easter falls one of the 1st 3 weekends in April. For the years it does not, like this year, we would still have the 1st 2 weeks in April and then have the Easter Bank Holday weekend off. What has happened to that paln :rolleyes: it seems to have been forgotten :eek:

We have this stupid thing where the Catholic Primary is off the week before Easter and the week after and all the other schools, including the Catholic High School are off the 2 weeks before Easter and go back the Tueaday. Now of course there is the extra BH for the Royal Wedding. I have heard the Catholic Primary Head went with the Diocese holiday because her lo is at a school with these hols, didn't think about her schools parents who have older sibllings at the High School and are now complaining like mad because their children have different holidays :eek: The only comfort is that the Head in doing this has deprived herself and her staff of an extra BH :laughing:

I agree - we have been going to the same holiday farm cottage in Cornwall for the first 2 weeks of April for a couple of years now and book the next year while we are there. This years was nearly fluffed as I booked those weeks then found it was different - had to change it when we realised - luckily no one had taken it :)

Must check next years!

Hebs
16-01-2011, 01:57 PM
I agree - we have been going to the same holiday farm cottage in Cornwall for the first 2 weeks of April for a couple of years now and book the next year while we are there. This years was nearly fluffed as I booked those weeks then found it was different - had to change it when we realised - luckily no one had taken it :)

Must check next years!

next year easter is on the 8th april :thumbsup:

sandy64
16-01-2011, 01:57 PM
wow thanks just read hols ours finish on 9th and back on 27th wow better find out what lo mums are doing as teacher i only work 2 days in hols so good for me but planning that mth will go to pot lol:)

PixiePetal
16-01-2011, 02:01 PM
next year easter is on the 8th april :thumbsup:

just checked - we have the first 2 weeks again! so I can book it when we are there :thumbsup:

Hebs
16-01-2011, 02:05 PM
just checked - we have the first 2 weeks again! so I can book it when we are there :thumbsup:

i only know cos i was going to book for egypt for the easter break but new year was cheaper :D