PDA

View Full Version : thinking of having my mum as assistant?

tomy12
17-04-2008, 10:21 AM
hi all.
what will i need to do to have my mum as my assistant?
what paperwork do we need to fill out?
Is it more hassle than its worth?
My mum is here quiet a lot anyway so makes sense to get her to be my assistant.
any advise or wisdom

welcome

claire

Pauline
17-04-2008, 08:48 PM
Hi Claire, long time no 'see' how are you? :)

You will need to fill out a CM2 form and your mum would need to have a CRB check. You can arrange them through Ofsted if you give them a ring. :)

tomy12
18-04-2008, 11:05 AM
hi Pauline.

I will get around to emailing you my stuff for my website for you.
Do i also have to ring the council?
Is their anything else i need to do?
as my mum is going to do it free of charge,but if i was going to pay her a little something is their anything i need to do.
thanks just want to get all the info before we decide if we are going to go for it or not.
claire

angeldelight
18-04-2008, 11:07 AM
Nice to see you here Claire where have you been ? Have not seen you for ages

If you look through the forum there is heaps of questions about assistants too

Hope you are well ?

Angel xx

casey's mum
18-04-2008, 11:29 AM
No advice sorry but have often thought about doing the same with my mum...keep us updated!

Angela xx

squiggle
18-04-2008, 12:12 PM
my mum is registered as my assistant and it wasn't a long process.

her crb came back within 10 days which i was very surprised about.

she did have to have an interview from ofsted though - it was more about her medical problems she has had.

my mum doesn't work with me but comes round after work and will wash pots, tidy up etc (yes she is a star) but she is never left with the children but the parents have all met her.

Jen x

jaja
18-04-2008, 12:23 PM
Hi

ring ofsted up, i did yesterday because i am writing a letter about my hubby:clapping: being my assistant and they were lovely, helped me word the letter to try and increase my 5 to 8 bracket. The lady said it would take a week or two to hear back from them, good luck xxx:littleangel:

brillminder
06-05-2008, 07:42 PM
can i borrow a handy mum for pot washing cleaning etc :)

mrsb
06-05-2008, 08:10 PM
hi all.
what will i need to do to have my mum as my assistant?
what paperwork do we need to fill out?
Is it more hassle than its worth?
My mum is here quiet a lot anyway so makes sense to get her to be my assistant.
any advise or wisdom

welcome

claire
ofsted is very straightforward, are you part of a childminding network though? I ask because a friend of mine as and she has just reg'd her mum with ofsted as an assistant easily but the network co-ordinator said as she is a network childminder her mum will also have to do the 12 hour first aid course and also a child protection course:eek: this is to sit in the car with mindees while the minder goes in to the school to pick up more children, or to stay at the minders home with the baby if he is asleep while the minder goes to school