PDA

View Full Version : so so so worried .......help

hassiba
15-01-2011, 02:08 PM
hi everyone i hope i will get answers for my questions
i have sent my childminder applicationt form last week and i iam waitting for ofsted call , but i have a big concern about my house.this house is private rented and it's a victorian old house , i have a wall dounstairs is messy with my son cut piece of paper, no staires gates.... and i don't want spend money mending house is not mine ,and before granted a certificate to start minding
i am really worry about my house the reason that i am thinking to move to another one!!! i don't know please any help about what ofsted do check on the first pre-registration visit

mufftie
15-01-2011, 02:16 PM
they dont care iff your wallpaper is not perfect ,and (unless its changed ) they dont expect to see stair gates up unless you are allready caring for the age that requires gates , they will want fire guards even if fires are not in use , but possibly not on your pre reg visit as they will just make it as a reccomendation . the very first visit is for them to inform you on what you need to do rather than to to tell you off if youve not done it

good luck and dont pannic

Allie
15-01-2011, 02:18 PM
Ofsted are not expecting everything to be ready for childminding at the first visit, but they do expect you to know what to do to make it suitable for the ages you are going to be minding so for example you could say I am going to get a stairgate if I have children under five. They will be more interested in your understanding of the EYFS requirements. As for the rented house as long as it's clean don't worry about poor decoration, the main thing is to have your landlords premission to childmind.

Allie

Chatterbox Childcare
15-01-2011, 03:22 PM
You need the house to be safe. Don't worry about the hole unless a child is able to get their foot or hand or head caught in it. If your stairs are steep then you will need a stairgate.

Just use your common sense, get down on your knees and see what the world is like from a childs perspective. It will become apparant if something needs mending.

Good luck with the pre reg

hassiba
15-01-2011, 05:44 PM
thank you for everyone , i will focuss on the health and safety of the children or the legal requirements.pfffffffff but i can't stop my mind thinking:panic: