PDA

View Full Version : childminding

Amy31
15-01-2011, 11:35 AM
hi , ive recently recieved my certificate but am alittle stuck on when best to take hoildays , what to charge for intitial meetings , whether to work bank hoildays i no its my business but just wondering on alittle advise anyone may give please .:idea:

kel1983
15-01-2011, 01:29 PM
Hi

I found loads of avice on this site when I first registered.

I dont have a set amount of holiday. It being my first year in childminding i'm gonna see how it goes and take them when I feel its acceptable to. I am pretty lucky and have managed to book my family holiday already so have given my parents 6 months warning. In my contract I have that I will give 4 weeks notice of any holidays and I expect the parents to do the same. I don't charge for time I take off so I dont feel so guilty.

As for bank holidays I ask whether the parents would require me for these days. All have said no so thts simple. I get all those off. This works well for me as my family have a cravan and like to get away for the long weekends so these are my mini holidays. :thumbsup: .

I canbt really help you with charges. Every area seems to have a different price. Do a little research in your area and make sure you have the costs set out from the start.

Finally good luck. Everyone on here are friendly and give great advice.