PDA

View Full Version : Car and pushchair question

Michelle M
15-01-2011, 10:44 AM
Hi peeps,

Havent been on for a while, hope you are all ok. My Galaxy blew a head gasket and I was quoted £795 to fix it!! It was a P reg car so not worth it, at the moment I am using hubbys car a new Scenic, which I dont want to get messed up with kids feet etc. Anyway scrapped the |Galaxy and cant find another one thats reasponable price, so was looking at Zafiras? Do any of you peeps have one and can I possibly get a 3 wheeler Double pushchair in the boot? Its a Mothercare one side by side?

Appreciate you input.

Shell x

tracey36
15-01-2011, 10:54 AM
not a chance i have on and with all seats up you can just about get a small single umbrella puschair in the boot, if you have back 2 seats down though there would be plenty of room

mufftie
15-01-2011, 11:54 AM
i agree i once had a zafira as a courtesy car , nice car but no boot when all seats are in use

Ripeberry
15-01-2011, 12:01 PM
I've got a Zafira and the maximum amount of seats I use is 6. One back seat has to be down to allow storage of pushchair, but the main reason is, if you have a baby seat in the middle row then you can't 'roll' it forward to allow kids to sit in the two little seats at the back, so unless you are a contortionist it's pretty useless :(

So if you ever need just 6 seats (one older child in front) then the maximum in the back is 4 kids.

kel1983
15-01-2011, 01:36 PM
I dont drive myself but I do have experience with travelling in a Zafira with all 7 seats up. Its a lovely car but can only just fit a small single pushchair in the boot and with the pushchair in the boot there is then no where to put anything else. Usually have to stick extra bits under the childrens feet.

If you didnt need to take a pushchair out in the boot it would be a brilliant car for a childminder. The rear 2 seats are spacious and you still get a lot of leg room unlike some other 7 seaters.

Chimps Childminding
15-01-2011, 01:49 PM
I've got a Zafira and the maximum amount of seats I use is 6. One back seat has to be down to allow storage of pushchair, but the main reason is, if you have a baby seat in the middle row then you can't 'roll' it forward to allow kids to sit in the two little seats at the back, so unless you are a contortionist it's pretty useless :(

So if you ever need just 6 seats (one older child in front) then the maximum in the back is 4 kids.

I agree, they are a right pain - didn't realise that when we bought it :( I would say unless you don't need the 2nd rear sear in the boot then there is no chance of getting the buggy in :panic:

jaja
15-01-2011, 01:59 PM
I have a zafira and can get a double in with all the seats up but mine is a silvercross pop duet, i also put a baby seat in the middle and then you can move the middle row without taking the seatbelt out, there are bigger boots and more space in other cars but i like my smaller 7 seater at the weekend it doesnt cost too much to run around and we have a larger boot without the seats up xxx

Carol M
15-01-2011, 03:10 PM
I bought a new Zafira at the beginning of this year. The boot seems bigger than my old Zafira and I can get my mothercare double side by side plus a buggy pod in the boot, Just!
Think the boot space differs by model maybe?
I like this one as the middle row, middle seat has the independent 3 point belt and as others have said, with a narrow seat eg Britax Prince, flexibility of seating is ok for me.
Carol xx

Chatterbox Childcare
15-01-2011, 03:15 PM
No way - I changed mine due to the boot space. I would take your buggy with you when you go hunting and try it in there

gegele
15-01-2011, 03:20 PM
my zafira just broke its fuel pump all cost will come to around 900 quids. glups

i'm looking for an other car as well and i realy wouldn't recommand the zafira unless you're a family and only on rare occasion you need to use all seats.
fantastic boot when you only have 5seats hence why we bought it at first place to go to france it was ideal... but as a childminder i hated it!

Michelle M
17-01-2011, 08:23 PM
Thanks girls I will stick to looking for a Galaxy :)