PDA

View Full Version : Is this possible?

Vikkileeds
15-01-2011, 09:01 AM
Hi,

my pre reg visit is on wed, now is it possible she could register me there and then? meaning I could hand my notice in and have 4 weeks to sort fins
al things and start minding after??

singlewiththree
15-01-2011, 09:11 AM
Have you got your CRB done? Every area is different but our area you can't submit your CRB until the pre-reg visit from ofsted.

Rmead
15-01-2011, 10:07 AM
You still need to wait for your certificate and although my inspector who came this week said it should be a week from when everything else has been done (crb, pre-reg visit, social services checks, health declaration etc) to receiving it I know some people on here have been waiting weeks/months for just their certificate to come through so it's whether you can take the risk of that.

Hebs
15-01-2011, 10:55 AM
i got my certificate 3 months after my pre reg :( and 9 months from the very start of registereing

TinyTinker
15-01-2011, 12:28 PM
If that is all that is outstanding for you to get your certificate it may be possible. I didn't get any action points from my pre-reg visit and got my certificate through 10 days after the visit. However, I didn't hand my notice in at work until I had signed my first mindee up with a contract;)

Vikkileeds
15-01-2011, 07:58 PM
Thanks for the info...

I have all CRBs back and health declaration etc, completed first aid just waiting to be registered and for NCMA pack to come through. Maybe I am getting a little too excited and yes I think I should maybe get my mindees to sign contracts first! I just want to get going I have been in the process since May 2010! :laughing:

marlee1986
15-01-2011, 10:36 PM
hi can i ask u all a question what area are u all in as im wondering about the time the process take too and im trying to push the paper work through asap :)

jo.jo76
16-01-2011, 12:27 AM
I began my application in Sept and I had my pre reg visit beginning of December and inspector said I should get certificate in 2 weeks and I'm still waiting. I rung them and they have said to wait another 2 weeks before ringing again!
I'm definitely not handing my notice in at work until I at least have my certificate in my hand!
Fingers crossed it goes quickly for you!

Chatterbox Childcare
16-01-2011, 12:55 AM
I would test the market first with advertising before you go ahead and hand your notice in, unless you don't need the money

Cazz
16-01-2011, 01:03 AM
I would test the market first with advertising before you go ahead and hand your notice in, unless you don't need the money

Good suggestion from Debbie. It's really really quiet on childcare enquiries in my area at the moment.

jane5
16-01-2011, 01:06 AM
I am in Manchester.

I had all my checks and crbs back and had pre reg visit on 15th dec.

I had no action recommendations and phoned them on the 16th and 17th to hurry them along, then it was weekend and phoned again on 20th and they completed the process that day and told me I was now a registered childminder and could advertise as one.

I couldn't start minding until my certificate arrived because you have to display it and that arrived between christmas and new year.

I have just signed a contract for my first mindee today,:so happy: 2 full days starting in 4 weeks, I have my dd and my nephew full time. I just want another for 3 full days and I will be as full as I want to be because I dont want schoolies at the moment. I have parents coming next week but they are unsure what days they want yet.

I have had loads of enquiries since christmas so chase up ofsted after your pre reg visit so you dont miss out on any parents who have started looking after christmas:thumbsup:

Good luck:D

honey2011
16-01-2011, 08:52 AM
Hi there everyone,

Congratulations Jane5! this is a great achievement.

I live in Manchester as well. I finished my pre-reg course last November. At the moment I am trying to finish all my policies and procedures etc and hope to apply by next week.

I can only have two mindees under 5 as I have a two and half a year old daughter, and same as you, I do not wish to work with school aged children at the moment.

Could you please tell me how was your interview with Ofsted? I know ofocurse it was superb but what kinds of things did they ask? and what paperwork you had aleady in place before they came out and interviewed you.
Good luck with your new business.
honey2011

jane5
16-01-2011, 12:42 PM
Thanks Honey,

I'm in Stockport, my early years team came out, advised me about things to do to the house and I then sent my paper work in. That was September.

My crbs, social services check, health checks had to be completed or nearly completed before they arranged my pre reg visit.
I put my paper work in before I did my policies ect because tbh I am still tweaking my policies.

If I was you I would send your application in now because It will be about 3 months until your pre reg visit.

They walked round my house and asked me the questions that are in the booklet you get from them. You can fill in the booklet and refer to it when you answer.

The policies they asked me about were safeguarding and complaints
They are ok with you and will advise rather than judge you, they are checking that you are competent and dont expect you to be perfect :thumbsup: