PDA

View Full Version : sleeping arrangements

littleraspberry
14-01-2011, 05:50 PM
Hello all!
Following a visit from some parents yesterday, I've been wondering about sleeping arrangements for older children. Their son is three, and they like him to have a nap during the day. Currently I don't have anywhere for a full on nap for a three year old to happen. My Early Years Officer said my son's cot would be fine (changing the bedding for each child, of course) and never mentioned anything for older children. I do have a quiet area with a sofa, floor cushions, snuggly toys and books, I thought this was all that I needed for older children.
Any ideas? Do I need to create a bed for him? How can I do this without spending huge amounts of money? I can't really afford a bed at the moment.
Thanks!

manjay
14-01-2011, 06:01 PM
I have a fold up mat that I put a sheet on and put in the quiet area. that is fine for any child who is too old/big for the travel cot.

rickysmiths
14-01-2011, 06:01 PM
I have a 4yr old who still has a proper sleep after lunch. I use a sofa I put a sheet over it and tuck it in well so there are no gaps between the cusions.

I also use Ready Beds. They are blow up beds with a cotton cover on that comes off for washing. They are available in Tesco, Costco and other places and cost about £30. They do a younger one and a junior one. I know some people use sleeping mats.

I always have a set of sheet and fleece blanket for each child. The sheets are all the same but the blankets are all different and I tend to always use the same one for a child for the entire time they are with me.

~Grasshopper~
14-01-2011, 07:36 PM
hi

When my son was 2 he used to nap on my childminders sofa. i was happy with this. now he's 3 i try everything i can to stop him sleeping during the day otherwise he wont go to bed at night.

x

Rmead
14-01-2011, 07:47 PM
It's a good question, I have a spare room with double bed and travel cot for napping. Can older children sleep in an adult double bed? Those ready beds sound like a good idea.

Katiekoo
14-01-2011, 07:51 PM
My 2 and a half yr old uses a blow up 'readybed' from argos, it has a little cover that has a sleeping bag type cover attached, she loves it and it cost about £15.

gegele
14-01-2011, 07:59 PM
I use my son toddler bed. I put a sheet over the duvet of my son and put a cover on child so i don't have to change bedding of my son twice a day 3 days a week.
hope i make sense.

what about those little seat that you unfold and make a put up bed? i'm thinking of buying one for DD to seat on to read and then use for toddlers nap.

Graham
14-01-2011, 10:04 PM
We have ready beds for our grandchildren when they come to stay.

READY BEDS (http://www.tkqlhce.com/click-4274914-5590799?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.argos.co.uk%2Fwebapp% 2Fwcs%2Fstores%2Fservlet%2FSearch%3FstoreId%3D1000 1%26catalogId%3D1500002451%26langId%3D-1%26searchTerms%3DREADY%2BBED)

michellethegooner
14-01-2011, 10:08 PM
we use ready beds, they are great :)