PDA

View Full Version : OMG!! 3 hours with a 3 year old

kel1983
14-01-2011, 05:05 PM
I have just had a little 3 year old boy for the first time today. He is only the second child I have had to mind the other being a 21 month old girl. Wow it has worn me out. Only had him 3 hours. He played with every toy going. Was not shy or wanting mummy and cried when it was time to go home. Which is very good.

I even let him out in the garden to play for half an hour to wear him out. :laughing:

On monday I have him 5.5 hours and 2.5 hours of that time is that same time as the little girl I mind. That could be intresting.

I enjoyed it though. Better than sitting in an office all day. :clapping:

amirose
14-01-2011, 05:22 PM
I love my older little ones, they are cheeky and full of beans but they keep me on my toes :D
Its nice that they are that little bit more independent too, sounds as though you will have lots of fun with him (I reccomend the soft play :laughing: )

acorns
14-01-2011, 05:23 PM
:thumbsup: Glad you enjoyed it. I used to sit in an office all day (dealing with complaints for the most part!) bored to tears, so glad i'm doing this even if it is lower paid (hopefully not for ever) and much more hard work:) (the customer service training comes in handy dealing with parents though:D )

VINASOL
14-01-2011, 06:16 PM
I have three three year olds in my house from 0730 until 1230 and then again after school (one is my DD). It's great though; I love this age because as previous poster said they are so independent and really do have their own minds. They are quite funny.

They go through everything too, and my house looks like a bombs hit it sometimes...they certainly know what they want.

I've been given instruction to buy Fireman Sam outfits, a cat outfit and a dog outfit lol....

Although I have someone coming over to see me next week regardign an 8 month old girl, I can't imagine not having a 3year old in my house iykwim...lol (I seem to have 3, 6 and 8yr olds lol)

kel1983
14-01-2011, 07:49 PM
He is in to everything. Toys were everywhere :laughing: Definately gonna be intresting look after him.

guest4
14-01-2011, 08:46 PM
Hi!
I ONLY work with three year olds, 3 every day from 8-5pm and I LOVE IT!!!!:eek:

We have great fun......... I love the things they say and do.
As far as dressing up goes, I have a boy who's ALWAYS a fireman, and two girls, one who wants to be a dog and the other is always a princess!!!!!

So as long as the story is something along the lines of a princess with a pet dog being rescued from her castle by a fireman, then we are all happy!!!!:clapping:

LOVE IT!!!:jump for joy: :jump for joy: :jump for joy: :jump for joy:

Trace x

michellethegooner
14-01-2011, 10:05 PM
I have 1 mindee who is 3 (just turned 3) rest are all under 2, must say 3 is my fav age.. Just watching her going home today with all her antics, had to take a rice cake for mummy, packed all her bits pictures, snack into a her newly painted paper bag that she then decided she had to paint another bit she had missed lol then started telling the wind off for blowing her face :rolleyes: comical thank god it was fri and she was going home early :rolleyes: as it must of taken her 20mins to get herself into the car little diva lol

mufftie
14-01-2011, 10:38 PM
lol it will keep u fit , i have 2 , 3yr olds and a 4 yr old plus a baby (sibling ) all day everyday , cant say i like 3 yr olds they question my every move , id much rather have babies

Newbie1!
15-01-2011, 08:27 AM
Hi!
I ONLY work with three year olds, 3 every day from 8-5pm and I LOVE IT!!!!:eek:

We have great fun......... I love the things they say and do.
As far as dressing up goes, I have a boy who's ALWAYS a fireman, and two girls, one who wants to be a dog and the other is always a princess!!!!!

So as long as the story is something along the lines of a princess with a pet dog being rescued from her castle by a fireman, then we are all happy!!!!:clapping:

LOVE IT!!!:jump for joy: :jump for joy: :jump for joy: :jump for joy:

Trace x

That sounds fab......Im sooooo jealous!!!! :o :o