PDA

View Full Version : Communication Friendly Spaces

manjay
14-01-2011, 01:39 PM
I have a fairly healthy budget to purchase resources to help with CFS in my setting. Does anyone have any good ideas apart from the usual which are mostly on the CFS site?

Thanks x

sarah707
14-01-2011, 01:48 PM
You could buy half an hour in a room with Elizabeth Jarman. You would come out totally inspired!! :jump for joy:

I tend to think of CFS as very closely linked to den building but with a more cosy feel to it... chenille cushions rather than spiky branches type of thing.

xx

grindal
14-01-2011, 01:51 PM
I am doing a course on this with Elizabeth Jarman in Feb - would be happy to give you any ideas after this!

The Juggler
14-01-2011, 01:54 PM
I have a fairly healthy budget to purchase resources to help with CFS in my setting. Does anyone have any good ideas apart from the usual which are mostly on the CFS site?

Thanks x

haven't looked at the site and I know how good your outdoor resources are but I read about placing tyres, logs, stones in a circle in your outdoors to encourage them to sit and chat together.

manjay
14-01-2011, 01:54 PM
You could buy half an hour in a room with Elizabeth Jarman. You would come out totally inspired!! :jump for joy:

I tend to think of CFS as very closely linked to den building but with a more cosy feel to it... chenille cushions rather than spiky branches type of thing.

xx

Ha! I have done that bit already:thumbsup: I am taking part in a pilot scheme for funded 2 year olds so quite a good opportunity to get some new resources. I am having some of the wooden clothes maids, some big peg thingies, stuff to make posts for outside that are concreted into buckets, outdoor camoflage netting and some packs of fairy lights. But I also need lots of cushions and mats and material and maybe some baskets or bags to put items of interest in! Hmm not sure:rolleyes:

sarah707
14-01-2011, 02:23 PM
Poor hubs won't recognise his garden when he gets back! :laughing:

miffy
14-01-2011, 03:30 PM
Where are you getting the wooden clothes maids from?

Miffy xx

manjay
14-01-2011, 03:47 PM
Where are you getting the wooden clothes maids from?

Miffy xx

They are one of the things the team has sourced for us so not sure really. Never seen any around for years:rolleyes:

miffy
14-01-2011, 03:54 PM
They are one of the things the team has sourced for us so not sure really. Never seen any around for years:rolleyes:

No, me neither - have been looking for some but most are plastic these days, just not the same!

Miffy xx