PDA

View Full Version : Inspection next week!!!

bubbly
17-04-2008, 08:59 AM
Ofsted just called - I'm having my first ever inspection one morning next week :panic: :panic: :panic:

The inspector said she wont come on Weds morning as that's my toddler group and if she hasn't arrived by 9.30am I'm to go about my normal daily routine and not wait in. She sounded very nice on the phone.

Yikes, panic stations for me this weekend then!

At least I'm getting it out of the way before EYFS in Sept.

sarah707
17-04-2008, 09:02 AM
We're here if you need help! :D

LittleMissSparkles
17-04-2008, 09:06 AM
I am actually begining to wish they would phone me ...... suspence is killing me xxxx

good luck Bubbly xxxx

angeldelight
17-04-2008, 09:13 AM
Oh are you ok Emma ? Do you need any help with anything if so send me a message

I am sure you will do brilliant though

Good luck

Angel xxx

emler
17-04-2008, 09:33 AM
Good luck with your inspection - I'm sure it will be fine :thumbsup:

Emler x

bubbly
17-04-2008, 10:53 AM
I'll have to have a frantic cleaning & paperwork weekend LOL

Thanks everyone

P.S. Where did I put those disposable nappy changing gloves? :D

deeb66
17-04-2008, 10:59 AM
I am sure you will be fine but

You know where to shout if you need any help :D

ChocolateChip
17-04-2008, 11:14 AM
Good luck, I know it's a cliche but it won't be as bad as you think!
:thumbsup:

mrsbumbles
17-04-2008, 11:20 AM
Good luck with your inspection :thumbsup:

mumtodaniel
17-04-2008, 01:30 PM
Good luck, as just think it will be over soon. Don't envy you the cleaning, paperwork etc, that was how i spent my last weekend, but it was worth it in the end.

let us know how you get on.

Maureen

jmoff
17-04-2008, 01:34 PM
oh bubbly, good luck!!!

Jana xx

ma7ie
17-04-2008, 01:43 PM
Good luck. You will be fine.:D

Rubybubbles
17-04-2008, 01:45 PM
oh good luck hun!!

bubbly
17-04-2008, 10:06 PM
Thanks for all your good wishes :)

Ok, this is what I have in my files so am I on track or not?:

1. Certificates (insurance, ICP, First Aid, CRB etc)
2. Details of upcoming training courses (Safeguarding Children, EYFS)
3. Risk Assessments (not many so far - just a token effort to show I have an understanding)
4. An introduction telling parents a bit about myself
5. My fees & general info.
6. Policies (Working With Parents, Food & Drink, Behaviour, Confidentiality, Equal Opps., Fire Action Plan, Sick Children, Uncollected Children, Accidents & Emergencies, Child Protection, Complaints, Lost/Missing Children)

In the childrens files I have:

1. Parental Permissions
2. Observation Books
3. Birth To Three Planning
4. Contracts
5. Child Record Forms
6. Signed Policies
7. Daily Diaries
8. Invoices
9. Emergency Contact Nos. (attached to inside cover of files)

I also have:

1. Up-to-date First Aid kit in the kitchen with emergency contact nos. sellotaped inside lid
2. Ofsted poster (hopefully the right one :D ) on wall in hall
3. Ofsted certificate on lounge wall
4. Up-to-date accounts book
5. Up-to-date Accident, Incident & medication Book (only 1 accident recorded so far :laughing: )
6. Fire Action Plan on walls in hall & kitchen
7. Up-to-date receipt book
8. Diary in which I record visitors, smoke alarm tests and fire drills
9. File containing all my expense receipts

If there's anything I'm missing could you let me know so I can set to work on it over the weekend? Please don't put the fear of god into me by saying I need at least another 10 policies though lol. Seriously, I've tried to cover all bases without going overboard but may need a few pointers.

Spent the morning scrubbing out my hovel of a cooker. Removed about 10 years worth of burnt-on pizza, yuck! Will give all the toys and toy tubs a thorough washing at the weekend and wash the floors like they've never been washed before :thumbsup:

Lynne xxx

angeldelight
17-04-2008, 10:08 PM
You seem like you have everything under control apart from the other 20 policies you have forgot .......

Kidding Lynne haha

Seriously you seem to me like you have everything under control well done

I think you are going to be fine

Good luck

Angel xx

bubbly
17-04-2008, 10:10 PM
You seem like you have everything under control apart from the other 20 policies you have forgot .......

You little devil you! :D :laughing:

bubbly
19-04-2008, 10:57 AM
Can anyone advise me on a couple of points please? Thankies :)

Think I've just about completed my tick list. Just need my dad to come & fix the loo roll holder that's falling off the wall. Don't want the inspector using my facilities & it falling at her feet :laughing:

Got a short tick list for Monday morning i.e. remembering to empty kitchen bin, door wedges, putting the cord on the window blind out of harm's way etc

Would it be best to have all my paperwork out waiting or will she want to see it in the cupboard (upstairs) where it's kept?

One oversight I've made is failing to get the NCMA accident book signed by parents for permission to seek emergency medical treatment. My 2 mindees have the same mum but different dads. Obviously I can get baby's dad to sign on Monday morning at drop off but he's not the dad of the 3 year old. I think I'll ask him to sign & then get mum to countersign at the earliest opportunity. If an emergency should arise, I'm aware I'd definitely need mum's permission before any treatment could take place. I know it's not ideal but would this be better than having no signature at all?

Oh dear, just when I thought I had it under control :(

Spangles
19-04-2008, 12:53 PM
good luck!

Just think, this time next week it will be over for another 3 years! Lucky you! I'm still waiting.

I'm sure you will be fine.

Jinx
19-04-2008, 03:38 PM
Can anyone advise me on a couple of points please? Thankies :)

Would it be best to have all my paperwork out waiting or will she want to see it in the cupboard (upstairs) where it's kept?

:(

I'd have all the paperwork to hand. I had mine laid out on the dining room table. Otherwise you will be trailing children upstairs with you to collect it.

Good Luck
:thumbsup:
Jinx x

bubbly
19-04-2008, 06:55 PM
^ Thanks, that's what I thought but it's nice to have confirmation

ruby
19-04-2008, 08:03 PM
just wanted to say good luck for next week

cathy

bubbly
19-04-2008, 09:29 PM
just wanted to say good luck for next week

cathy

Thank you :)

Raggydolls
20-04-2008, 08:46 PM
hey bubbly,

ive spent my weekend doing exactly the same thing as u, tidying scrubbing floors etc, paperwork, the lot. just want to say good luck to u and to everybody else who has inspections this week, i will let u all know how mine goes

leanne
xx

bubbly
20-04-2008, 08:53 PM
Yes, let us know how you get on Leanne. I'll be thinking of you and hoping it goes well.

Unfortunately it looks like I'm going to have to postpone mine as it looks like my son has chicken pox. My mindees' parents have decided not to send their kids tomorrow so I'll have to call Ofsted first thing in the morning.

Raggydolls
20-04-2008, 09:32 PM
ha wish my son had chicken pox lol, gimme alot more time to do more paperwork. ive hardly got any :-(

leanne
xx