PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard of PRP training?

Tippy Toes
14-01-2011, 11:47 AM
Hi
Sorry this is long

Really mad! :angry:

Have been doing NVQ3 with the above named company PRP Training. Have been doing the course for 18 months and was told in the summer by my assesor that it was all finished and I would get my certificate in October, November at the latest and then I could begin my level 4 in November. :clapping:

Then just before xmas my assesor sent me a text msg to ask to come and visit as she was leaving the company and needed to introduce me to my new assesor, I was very busy and had a stressful December so told her it was not convenient and could we arrange for after xmas i also aseked where my certificate was as I still had not received to which I had no reply.

Anyway my NEW assesor called monday and left msg for me to call her, I forgot and she called again this morning and told me I HAVE SUBSTANTIAL WORK TO COMPLETE before I get my NVQ3 and that my learning had been suspended!!!!! :angry:

Just cant believe I was told it was all done and dusted and then my assesor leaves suddenly and Im told I have no where near finished my NVQ3 :(

Playmate
14-01-2011, 12:24 PM
That is awful, so sorry. I have never heard of this company.
sending hugs xxxxx

Tippy Toes
14-01-2011, 12:36 PM
Thank you playmate x

Pipsqueak
14-01-2011, 12:49 PM
I've not heard of them either but no wonder you are angry.
Ask for their complaints procedure:angry:

sarah707
14-01-2011, 01:50 PM
That is an awful way to treat a learner :(

I would ask for their complaints procedure as well.

Hugs x

Tippy Toes
14-01-2011, 06:42 PM
Thank you. I didnt think of the complaints proceedure but I will definately look into this as new assesor has told me it will now take until May 2011 to complete! :angry:

funemnx
14-01-2011, 06:58 PM
OMG! That's awfull! After all the work already done, to be told it's not over is a nightmare, I'm angry on your behalf :angry:

The Juggler
23-05-2011, 06:26 AM
Hon, I would ring the company tomorrow and ask to speak to 'the man in charge' explain and make a formal complaint and ask for a reassessment asap.:) Sorry this has happened :(

ChocolateChip
23-05-2011, 07:03 PM
I would complain hun, although be prepared for it to not get you anywhere :mad:

I had this a couple of years back, I did the NVQ3, attended all the tutor sessions but got behind with writing my assigments (cm'ing got in the way :blush: ). Anyway got back in touch with my tutor who was happy to help myself and another friend in the same boat to finish, so we arranged a couple of sessions and got some more units marked off. However she then cancelled our next appointment due to bereavement, so we left it a while as had not heard and felt awkward about seeing if she was back at work. Well it turned out she had left the company, no phone call or nothing to even let us know, and by then we had run out of time and it was going to cost us both £120 to re-register:angry:
Now I know it was our own fault for getting behind in the first place but if she hadn't cancelled we would have finished on time, but they basically said it was out of their hands, she had left the company and it was City and Guilds rules, blah blah blah.
So I never got my nvq and have started the CYPW instead, but am still annoyed about it.

Flisspaps
24-05-2011, 11:04 AM
twinkletime

I know you posted this in January, but how have you got on? You said the new Assessor told you that you should have it done by May - hopefully one way or another you'll have your NVQ by now!

MrNanny
09-09-2011, 02:43 PM
I have to disagree with the comment above!

I have just completed my Diploma in Childrens Care Learning & Development Level 3 with PRP Training. The learning experience was excellent and the communication could not be faulted.

My assessor gave me clear feedback and always stuck to arranged appointments. The assessor demonstarted great knowledge of the area and made the learning experience enjoyable and benificaial.

I comleted the qualification on time and recieved my certificates promptly.

I could not fault the professional service offered by PRP Training and would highly recommend them for work based qualifications.

Tippy Toes
09-09-2011, 04:47 PM
I have to disagree with the comment above!

I have just completed my Diploma in Childrens Care Learning & Development Level 3 with PRP Training. The learning experience was excellent and the communication could not be faulted.

My assessor gave me clear feedback and always stuck to arranged appointments. The assessor demonstarted great knowledge of the area and made the learning experience enjoyable and benificaial.

I comleted the qualification on time and recieved my certificates promptly.

I could not fault the professional service offered by PRP Training and would highly recommend them for work based qualifications.

My assesor was dismissed due to what she did to me and many other people doing the course. I was not the only one this happened to.

Im glad your experience was a good one, unfortunately for me and many others who had the same assesor it was terrible.

I worked so hard for so long and ended up with nothing to show for it! Most of my work had been lost etc by my assesor.

Imagine working so hard for something, for so long, told you have the qualification and then told actually you have not got the qualification and there is substantial work left to complete!

I later found out that my assesor was giving me incorrect assignments that where nothing to do with the NVQ 3 I was working towards!

Tippy Toes
09-09-2011, 04:49 PM
twinkletime

I know you posted this in January, but how have you got on? You said the new Assessor told you that you should have it done by May - hopefully one way or another you'll have your NVQ by now!

I never got the NVQ, shortly afterwards my 3 year old daughter became seriously ill so I had no time to complete the work :(