PDA

View Full Version : How do you renew your CRB???

Tippy Toes
14-01-2011, 09:27 AM
Hello

My CRB check expires in July and Im wondering how I go about renewing it?

Do you know how much it costs and how long it takes to get done?

What I mean is, If my crb expires July when do I need to put in for it?

Many thanks :D

Straws
14-01-2011, 09:31 AM
You dont need to renew, I just sign a self declaration form stateing nothing has changed.

Straws xx

Pixie dust
14-01-2011, 09:32 AM
didn't know it had an expirey date better go and check mine now:(

tracey36
14-01-2011, 09:36 AM
i didnt know they expired either

FussyElmo
14-01-2011, 09:51 AM
Hello

Do you know how much it costs and how long it takes to get done?

What I mean is, If my crb expires July when do I need to put in for it?

Many thanks :D

Your crb is actually out of date the day it is issued so the expiry date is pointless.

We were told that we could just do the self declaration like straws mentioned :thumbsup:

sarah707
14-01-2011, 09:55 AM
Ofsted do not renew CRBs unless there is a reason.

There are a lot of childminders who do not have CRBs because they were registered under the old police check system.

One less thing to worry about! :D

Chimps Childminding
14-01-2011, 09:55 AM
Where do you get the self declaration forms from? I have never had a crb for childminding (tho I had one for helpiing at our local scout group) as I registered as a cm before this came in when SS did checks!

ruby
14-01-2011, 10:10 AM
if you are in Wales then they have to be renewed

Cathy

Bridey
14-01-2011, 10:15 AM
Being Old Skool I don't have a CRB. I once rang Ofsted asking for one but they said my Ofsted certificate was adequate as it proved I had been checked. I then asked that if I wasn't checked regularly as to how they would know I hadn't been 'naughty' in the last 12 years. They replied that maybe the police would tell them, if not they would rely on my neighbours and local residents to tell on me! :eek:

Okaaaaay then! :rolleyes:

MaryMary
14-01-2011, 12:04 PM
Being Old Skool I don't have a CRB. I once rang Ofsted asking for one but they said my Ofsted certificate was adequate as it proved I had been checked. I then asked that if I wasn't checked regularly as to how they would know I hadn't been 'naughty' in the last 12 years. They replied that maybe the police would tell them, if not they would rely on my neighbours and local residents to tell on me! :eek:

Okaaaaay then! :rolleyes:

This is why they were trying to bring in the Vetting & Barring Scheme, as it was updated & you only needed to do it once (some people have a whole load of CRBs from school, scouts, cm etc)
But some organisations were taking it too far (making mums walking with school kids - and teachers - to carol concerts pay £64, etc) & people were upset about the cost - so as far as i know it has been scrapped :eek:

manjay
14-01-2011, 01:36 PM
I am sure you are in Wales Twinkletime so yes it has to be renewed every 3 years. I renewed mine last year and it took 10 weeks to come back. I was over 3 years by then but just kept my inspector informed. Ring CSSIW and they will give you their reference number to quote and the phone number of CRB. You give them a call and they will send the relevant forms. I would say apply at least a couple of months before you need it.

ruby
14-01-2011, 01:51 PM
also be careful as rachel used her passport for her's and when we had to renew her's because she had a new passport she had to go to the CSSIW in Nantgarw for them to verify it was her.

Cathy

Tippy Toes
14-01-2011, 02:00 PM
I am sure you are in Wales Twinkletime so yes it has to be renewed every 3 years. I renewed mine last year and it took 10 weeks to come back. I was over 3 years by then but just kept my inspector informed. Ring CSSIW and they will give you their reference number to quote and the phone number of CRB. You give them a call and they will send the relevant forms. I would say apply at least a couple of months before you need it.

Thank you very much Manjay you have been very helpful. Do you know the cost of renewing?

manjay
14-01-2011, 02:06 PM
Thank you very much Manjay you have been very helpful. Do you know the cost of renewing?

CSSIW pay! I had to take my ID docs into my local CSSIW for the second CRB just like I did with the first one:rolleyes:

Tippy Toes
14-01-2011, 02:10 PM
CSSIW pay! I had to take my ID docs into my local CSSIW for the second CRB just like I did with the first one:rolleyes:

Thanks again Manjay, was really worried about how much it was going to cost so this is a weight off my mind :D