PDA

View Full Version : submitted returns on line - what happens now?

lilliuspillius
17-04-2008, 08:24 AM
hello everyone. I have just submitted my returns on line, and have to say it was actually fairly straight forward. This is my first year of childminding and being self employed. The acknowledgement form came back to say the information had been received by the hmrc. But my question is what happens now? Do i just accept that I have done my returns?, will i get some sort of notification from them to say all is ok/not ok?, how long do i wait before i hear something. Can any of you who have been childminding longer than me, let me know what has happened in the past.
many thanks, Liliuspillius

sarah707
17-04-2008, 08:30 AM
That's it really unless you owe them money, in which case you'll get a bill!

Well done on doing your first year's tax...! :D

deeb66
17-04-2008, 09:05 AM
I also complete mine on line every year.

Unless there is a problem then you won't hear anything from them until April next year.

Well done for getting your return done early :thumbsup:

Chell
17-04-2008, 12:18 PM
Cor blimey, you are organised! I think you get an email to confirm that it went through.

Blaze
17-04-2008, 12:56 PM
You wait & if they deem you owe them anything you'll get a bill!:(
Blaze:p

Noodles
17-04-2008, 01:33 PM
Wish i was so organised i am usually doing mine the night before the deadline in january (think i just do it to wind up oh and my mum they both work for HMRC):laughing: :laughing:

deeb66
17-04-2008, 01:42 PM
Wish i was so organised i am usually doing mine the night before the deadline in january (think i just do it to wind up oh and my mum they both work for HMRC):laughing: :laughing:

I usually do mine on the deadline day.

Got bit in the backside this year as I was one of the ones caught up in the fiasco when their system overloaded!!

Have made a note to try and get it done before end of December this year :laughing:

lilliuspillius
17-04-2008, 04:14 PM
many thanks for all the replies. Hopeful i can rest now, knowing its all done!! phew.

son77
18-04-2008, 12:16 PM
Can I ask, roughly how long did it take for you to fill it out on internet?

Just wondering how much time I need to put aside to do it.

jaja
18-04-2008, 12:41 PM
Hi

I always recieve a letter of confirmation that i dont have to pay tax, a few weeks after i do it on line, am i odd then? sounds like noone else does!!!

The first time took me ages and then i worried about it for weeks, after five years it takes about 15 to 20 mins from sitting at the laptop to switching it all off, but then i tend to reread everything. I find it easier and more straight forward to do it on line than on paper, the first time on paper i rang them up because even my mum couldnt understand it and she works for them!

good luck:clapping:

Tatia
18-04-2008, 01:01 PM
My husband said when he submitted my tax online we got written confirmation that everything was okay.

lilliuspillius
18-04-2008, 02:26 PM
it took me about an hour, but i did go through every point carefully, and recheck the information at the end.

son77
18-04-2008, 04:44 PM
Thanks xxxx

louise
20-04-2008, 07:39 PM
Hi, I know many of you don't pay tax but as i have done both self and employed for a year i know i am going to have to pay some. I checked on the online tax calculator and it said i have saved double then i need to pay. Do they tell you how much straight away?

I was naughty and ordered a new carpet for the hall today as i knew i had extra. I still have more then the calculator said saved so will be fine.

Lou