PDA

View Full Version : Concentrate on the Must Haves...

SammyM
13-01-2011, 10:01 PM
Evening Ladies

I've finally had the call from Mrs O, she sounded lovely, and I feel like we have got a good rapport already, she's coming on 2nd Feb so I've got a couple of weeks to double check everything is in order, anyway, back to the thread!!!!....

She said to me to 'concentrate on the must haves of the EYFS' - now am I just being a bit dim, but by this does she means Safeguarding policies, contracts in order, first aid kit, permissions forms, fire procedure etc etc...

Can anyone help me out with this, saving me from two weeks of trawling my EYFS book (which I'll still obviously be doing) but I'd just like to hear from the many voices of experience (and reason LOL)

Thanks all :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

miffy
13-01-2011, 10:07 PM
Check through all your paperwork - look at the "Are you ready for your inspection?" booklet to see what you need and make sure it's all in order, signed, up to date etc.

Make a start on your SEF if you haven't already done it - do as much as you can or if you don't want to do that then think about the other ways you evaluate your service.

Good luck - you'll be fine

Miffy xx

linda2girls
13-01-2011, 10:07 PM
I remember sitting in bed and highlighting all the 'must haves' before my inspection and making sure I had done everything. It's time-consuming but it's worth it.

Linda.