PDA

View Full Version : What are the rules

venus89
13-01-2011, 08:42 PM
about leaving them?

A parent is keen for her son to go to a baby ballet class. He's 2 1/2 and she thinks he may be able to be left (otherwise I can't do it as it clashes with two pickups and a school run!) But can I leave, with her permission, a child I'm being paid to look after? Surely it's ok as we leave them at preschool without issues.....

Mouse
13-01-2011, 08:49 PM
I don't see why you couldn't do it as it's no different to any drop off & collection.

Maybe get something signed each time you drop him off to say you've handed over care and make sure your register reflects the times he's with you (ie. timed in at the beginning of the day, out when he gets dropped off & back in again when you collect him).

venus89
13-01-2011, 08:57 PM
Thank you.

TammyN
13-01-2011, 09:02 PM
on NCMA register it gives a space for time non attending hours, if you use these just jot down the times you drop off and return so you cover yourself.

miffy
13-01-2011, 09:07 PM
I don't see why you couldn't do it as it's no different to any drop off & collection.

Maybe get something signed each time you drop him off to say you've handed over care and make sure your register reflects the times he's with you (ie. timed in at the beginning of the day, out when he gets dropped off & back in again when you collect him).

I agree with that - our playgroup takes children from the age of two so it's no different to that.

Miffy xx

clio0602
13-01-2011, 09:33 PM
I did babyballet with dd 2.5 yrs and they don't let you leave them. You usually stay the whole class or stay on the premises. May be different tho?! x

The Juggler
13-01-2011, 10:00 PM
I did babyballet with dd 2.5 yrs and they don't let you leave them. You usually stay the whole class or stay on the premises. May be different tho?! x

was just going to say that. classes with children that young often won't let you plus they are so short that you've got to be back before you've left almost. can't she find a saturday class?

Newbie1!
14-01-2011, 08:46 AM
Yep, its same with my daughters BabyBallet - they are not registered carers and so we are not allowed to leave the children there with them in their care. Im afraid mum will have to find another class if its a variation on your original arrangement and you cant do it. Theres loads of babyballet near us on loads of days and times so Im sure she'd be able to find something xx

venus89
14-01-2011, 07:19 PM
Thank you all - I did ask whether he would be allowed to be left and she wasn't sure but I've had to tell her it's impossible anyway.... It's too pricey for me to sub the other children to do or to ask their mums to stump up and I don't think it's right for me to have the other children sit and wait....