PDA

View Full Version : possible new mindee

jake
13-01-2011, 01:43 PM
Iv got a parent who wants her 15 month old baby to start with me on monday 9am to 3pm,she is coming back in the morning so we can draw up the contract.I know why but iv got a bad feeling about this parent,i dont feel i can trust her and i dont really know why!!Not sure what to do as its not a good start if i feel that i dont like her from day one...any thoughts on this?She said that she was starting work in three weeks two days ago and now she says shes starting on monday.I left her to read my policies ect,and she said she was done within 5 minuites which normally takes about 30 minuites.she said she already knew about everything i was telling her as she had used childminders before.I felt that she just wanted to dump her child on me so she could work,and didnt seem to care about whether iv had a crb done or anything eles!What to do??
Thanks jake

Sleeping Baby
13-01-2011, 01:48 PM
Are your gut feelings usually right?
If not how about a four weeks trial
If they are.........
Good luck it is not easy when you need the work.

Rmead
13-01-2011, 02:02 PM
I'm always surprised how soon parents are willing to leave their kids! Monday is very soon. I'd definitely have a 4 week trial period where either of you can cancel with no issue/penalty.

gigglinggoblin
13-01-2011, 02:11 PM
4 week probation where you can terminate without notice and get paid in advance! She might just be stressed, you never know

the happy house
13-01-2011, 02:29 PM
Lots of parents are only interested in how much you charge and what hours you work. It's frightening how many don't seem to be bothered about the service we actually provide.
If you're unsure about her, make sure you take a 4 week deposit plus payments in advance.

jake
14-01-2011, 09:15 AM
Thanks for the advice guys,she is going to pay in advance and the four weeks trial is a good idea.She cant afford the deposit so iv said she could pay a bit extra every week until i have enough to cover the deposit!Hope it works out well,and her little one is so cute i cant wait to get started.
Thanks again jake:)

Bridey
14-01-2011, 10:34 AM
Always trust your gut instinct ... ;)

singlewiththree
14-01-2011, 10:37 AM
I agree with your instincts BUT sometimes people just take a while to get to know. I had doubts over one of my parents, a year later she is lovely :)