PDA

View Full Version : CM group today!

butterfly
13-01-2011, 07:31 AM
I'm off to a childminder group today which I think is just as well as I'm so tired I think it would be hard to find some motivation otherwise!

I'll let you know if I find any exciting ideas while I'm there!

I just hope I'm not spending all of my time looking for the little boy I have who likes to run off! Unfortunately the building has swing doors that they won't do anything about and can't barricade due to fire risk!!

loocyloo
13-01-2011, 06:30 PM
i used to go to a toddler group in a hall like that!

we had so many 'escapees' that we ended up getting a babydan playpen and were given permission to put the fixings on the wall each side, so we could set it up and the swing doors could still open, but you had to open the babydan gate to actually get out of the hall first! ( but in an emergency, an adult could unhook one side of the babydan and immediately give instant access to the swing doors.

hope you had a fun morning.

x

sarah707
13-01-2011, 07:22 PM
I hope you had a fun time! :D

butterfly
13-01-2011, 08:17 PM
It was really good actually! Mindee didn't try and escape at all and I got loads of obs done on the 3 mindees I took!

Activities:
dark den and lights
sensory box
popoids
large lego bricks
baby area
octons
inset boards
mark making and sticking sequins etc
space small world
Big Red Bath and Recycling Story Bag

onceinabluemoon
13-01-2011, 09:07 PM
It was really good actually! Mindee didn't try and escape at all and I got loads of obs done on the 3 mindees I took!

Activities:
dark den and lights
sensory box
popoids
large lego bricks
baby area
octons
inset boards
mark making and sticking sequins etc
space small world
Big Red Bath and Recycling Story Bag

That sounds really good! I wish the toddler groups here were better. The best one is on a monday morning but I'm rushing around trying to do school and preschool drops off and pick ups so cannot easily fit it in :(