PDA

View Full Version : Body Map / Safeguarding Activity

Zoomie
12-01-2011, 11:18 PM
My NVQ assessor is coming.

I have to do the above with my children, to be observed by the assessor.

Hopefully I can get them to co-operate and lie down for the body drawing, but failing that I will draw about their babies.

We often mention that what is beneath our underwear is 'private' but not sure how much more to mention / do.

DD is 3y, mindees are 3.5y and 2y.

Please help :)

jumpinjen
13-01-2011, 07:58 AM
you could talk about how sometimes when their friends touch them, they don't like it, such as grabbing and hitting, poking, pinching etc, and say that it is ok to say 'no' when they don't like a touch and it is ok to say 'no' to big children and adults as well.....

you could explain about personal space, talk about how when they play, sometimes they like to play by themself and don't like other children sitting on top of them to watch.... say that is ok, and talk about it being ok for other children to want that, and they should respect it....

perhaps link it to your house rules about being kind to each other physically and emotionally (use younger words than that!) and explain that that is one way they can keep safe.....

What i'm getting at is that safety is about more than where they are touched.... not sure body mapping completely right for that young age group as they are usually pretty un-self conscious and that is nice, to play without embarrassment....

hope some of that helps!!

Jen x

Zoomie
15-01-2011, 10:14 AM
you could talk about how sometimes when their friends touch them, they don't like it, such as grabbing and hitting, poking, pinching etc, and say that it is ok to say 'no' when they don't like a touch and it is ok to say 'no' to big children and adults as well.....

you could explain about personal space, talk about how when they play, sometimes they like to play by themself and don't like other children sitting on top of them to watch.... say that is ok, and talk about it being ok for other children to want that, and they should respect it....

perhaps link it to your house rules about being kind to each other physically and emotionally (use younger words than that!) and explain that that is one way they can keep safe.....

What i'm getting at is that safety is about more than where they are touched.... not sure body mapping completely right for that young age group as they are usually pretty un-self conscious and that is nice, to play without embarrassment....

hope some of that helps!!

Jen x

thank you :)

jumpinjen
15-01-2011, 12:44 PM
How did it go?

jen x

Zoomie
16-01-2011, 08:40 PM
its tomorrow, really not looking forward to it.

haven't even touched my assignments either :panic: :panic:

jumpinjen
17-01-2011, 09:42 AM
You'll be fine...... it'll be fun, the kids'll giggle and then discuss with your assessor how you think it might not be suitable for the very young and start an intelligent discussion that shows how great and knowledgeable you are.... assessor will be blown away! Good luck!

jen x

Zoomie
20-01-2011, 09:15 PM
I used a cop out.

DD wasn't well so I warned my parents that I might be closed because DD was unwell. Parents all asked for an update in an hour (as DD was still sleeping) but I told my assessor I was closed.

Wish I would have been closed yesterday and today though, I feel pants (my punishment :blush: )