PDA

View Full Version : accident advice needed please

TammyN
12-01-2011, 10:56 PM
well what a day i've had!!
mindee(2yrs) tumbled over in the lounge and landed on his arm, scream i can still hear now, it knocked me sick. i lifted him on to my knee and quickly noticed that his arm was hurting him, has previously dislocated elbow so expected this and began procedure to contact mum. after using all 3 contact no's twice i finally got through, she came and took him to A&E after 3 hours they clicked arm back in and now he's fine thankfully :thumbsup:
so my question is, i know i have to ring ofsted, im hoping tomorrow is ok as didn't know result until after 6 tonight. did i do the right thing, should i have kept trying no's or took him up to hospital before then, it was 30 mins about before contact with mum was made? do i have to contact anyone else? having just got in from uni and looked at my policy i have decided it just doesn't do justice to the accident and i really need a review, so any words of wisdom for me before i ring Ofsted in the morning??
Tammy x

Pipsqueak
12-01-2011, 11:01 PM
you have done the right thing.
write it up and get mum to sign at some point
note on the form that you have rung ofsted who will give you a reference number

you might want to review your RA - it might be that there are no changes but that is fine - you can tell ofsted that you have reviewed - again note on the accident /incident form

Ofsted may advise you ring and log it with Riddor - however when I done this Riddor did not know why I was ringing them and advised me to ring my local Environmental health

basically i rang EVERYONE bar the butcher

hope little fella is feeling better soon.

TammyN
12-01-2011, 11:12 PM
Thanx i did wander about Riddor but couldn't find any info on it in my policy, hence the review i will be doing this week. i will also check my risk assessment although it was a complete out of the blue fall, nothing in his way and therefore can't see it changing, defo note it down tho.

PixiePetal
12-01-2011, 11:20 PM
Ofsted will tell you if you need to ring Riddor or not - well they did me when mindee split his chin open in a fall :rolleyes: There was no need as it was a pure accident. Also rang NCMA as they did my insurance at the time they never did send me the form they said they would :rolleyes:

kindredspirits
13-01-2011, 07:58 AM
Ofsted will tell you if you need to ring Riddor or not - well they did me when mindee split his chin open in a fall :rolleyes: There was no need as it was a pure accident. Also rang NCMA as they did my insurance at the time they never did send me the form they said they would :rolleyes:

Apparently its not if its an accident or not - ofsted told me to ring riddor because a piece of furniture or equipment was involved (my mindee bent her arm against the back of the sofa). :rolleyes:

TammyN
13-01-2011, 12:39 PM
well thanx for info, i have contacted my DO, then ofsted who took all the details and then i forwarded a copy of acc form to them for their records. on their advice i contacted RIDDOR, although they said as there was no need to adapt anything, ie no furniture, etc involved i didn't need to record it with them. i am with NCMA so did need to inform them as my insurence is with them so they keep it on record.
Child is fine, mum was happy with my reaction and how i dealt with it, she didn't see me at the end of the day, thankfully :D so all is well.
definately updating my policy tho so does anyone have a timescale on how long the y try contacts before taking to hospital themselves, just as a guide?
Tammy

miffy
13-01-2011, 01:59 PM
Glad everything's OK.

Miffy xx