PDA

View Full Version : Im Accredited

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
12-01-2011, 10:21 PM
As the title says i found out just before xmas that i had passed and that i am now an accredited childminder, and thought i would come on her and share my news.
:clapping: :clapping:

marian
12-01-2011, 10:27 PM
Well done you!:clapping:

Marian x

Beetlejuice
12-01-2011, 10:48 PM
:clapping: Well done you! It's on my 'to do' list to get sorted this year!

manjay
12-01-2011, 10:59 PM
I am too but never seem to have the right age children:rolleyes:

Cammie Doodle
13-01-2011, 07:38 AM
Me too, but not had anyone in that age for 6mths and none on the horizon at present. Just had a call at 5pm yesterday to say they need to do my Ecers and Iters audit , she will need to be here to see how I greet Parents so she could be here at 7. 30 am she said she wil lbe with me for 6 hours :panic: and needs to come back to give me the outcome on another day !!! Oh and that will be just one of them, she can't do the other as I have no Nursery Funded Children at present . Hubby thinks I'm mad even thinking about it, unsure what to do to be honest, What do you all think??????

miffy
13-01-2011, 07:53 AM
As the title says i found out just before xmas that i had passed and that i am now an accredited childminder, and thought i would come on her and share my news.
:clapping: :clapping:

Well done! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Miffy xx

miffy
13-01-2011, 07:54 AM
Me too, but not had anyone in that age for 6mths and none on the horizon at present. Just had a call at 5pm yesterday to say they need to do my Ecers and Iters audit , she will need to be here to see how I greet Parents so she could be here at 7. 30 am she said she wil lbe with me for 6 hours :panic: and needs to come back to give me the outcome on another day !!! Oh and that will be just one of them, she can't do the other as I have no Nursery Funded Children at present . Hubby thinks I'm mad even thinking about it, unsure what to do to be honest, What do you all think??????

It sounds a lot of work/time/effort to get through it but if you've always wanted to do it then go for it.

Miffy xx

Cammie Doodle
13-01-2011, 08:06 AM
It sounds a lot of work/time/effort to get through it but if you've always wanted to do it then go for it.

Miffy xx

Thanks Miffy, that is what Hubby feels, I can honestly say I only became an Accredited Childminder to help one parent out :blush: they have moved away now after 6 mths :( Nobody else lined up so I see where he is coming from, plus he knows how stressed I get with Ofsted let alone this lo )

TheBTeam
13-01-2011, 08:12 AM

I have been approved for accreditation, but have to do our local quality standard award again and have a fccers assesment, i have delayed and delayed sending the final paperwork back, because i really am now feeling that it is just not worth it, in our area there is only myself and one other person accredited, and i dont think I now have the strength to be that observed and assessed!

In our area I also really think that people are ingrained to playgroups and nursery use so it wouldnt be that well taken up anyway and any child i drop off and collect I charge while they are there, so gain nothing them staying here iyswim! I have kept one child here who qualifies for funded space but his mum said maturity wise he is best with me till nursery and she just pays anyway!

manjay
13-01-2011, 08:21 AM
I am waiting for a FCCERS assessment too. I provide funded places for 2 year olds too so it is necessary for that. I have looked through the book and think I should be ok. Some criteria I will never get as it just ain't happening in my home but hey I can live with that;)

Carol M
13-01-2011, 08:41 AM
I'm begining to wonder if it's worth it too:rolleyes:
I have been accredited for well over a year now and even when I had a vacancy and advertised the free Nursery Education sessions, I had no take up, not even an enquiry. I will be doing after Easter till end of that term for full time mindee and that is only because mum is expecting in May and a change to Nursery at this time will not suit lo. Lo still needs to crack potty training!
Having my FCCERS and ECCERS-E in March , 2 x 3hr mornings and a couple of hours feedback in the evening. I am interested in how FCCERS will help me improve on any areas that are flagged up but as far as the accreditation one, well , we will see.
CDO's coming here tomorrow to do a practice audit, just a few sections and not for my benefit but will be interesting as they are not supposed to talk or interact , that might be interesting :rolleyes:
Anyway, I will post if I get any info out of it.
Carol xx

tracey36
13-01-2011, 10:35 AM
Congratulations im accredited to when i found out i felt such a sense of achievement :)

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
13-01-2011, 11:20 AM
Thanks for your comments,

I have one child who i can claim the funding for and have another place availble which im hoping to fill with a child i can claim the 15 hours funding for.

The one i can claim for is my own daughter and shes in pre school at the moment but i want her to have 4 days with them and one with me and spoke to the receptionist and said told me that i cant do this as my daughter has to do the full 15 hours there, having spoken to the lady at my local council that deals with the funding i know this is not ture so im now waiting for the head teacher to phone me to discuss it with her. :angry:

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
13-01-2011, 11:24 AM
I'm begining to wonder if it's worth it too:rolleyes:
I have been accredited for well over a year now and even when I had a vacancy and advertised the free Nursery Education sessions, I had no take up, not even an enquiry. I will be doing after Easter till end of that term for full time mindee and that is only because mum is expecting in May and a change to Nursery at this time will not suit lo. Lo still needs to crack potty training!
Having my FCCERS and ECCERS-E in March , 2 x 3hr mornings and a couple of hours feedback in the evening. I am interested in how FCCERS will help me improve on any areas that are flagged up but as far as the accreditation one, well , we will see.
CDO's coming here tomorrow to do a practice audit, just a few sections and not for my benefit but will be interesting as they are not supposed to talk or interact , that might be interesting :rolleyes:
Anyway, I will post if I get any info out of it.
Carol xx

i had this done in August and found it very valuable to my setting, My CMDO was her for 5 hours and then came to do the follow up one and she was here for another 2 hours.

karensmart4
13-01-2011, 08:57 PM
I'm accredited and have 1 child getting funded places at the moment, am allowed 3 per session but have 5 that will be the right age to take up places in sept... anything could happen between now and sept so not worrying about that at the mo.

The paperwork is a bit confusing at first (to claim for your money) but I'm getting used to it and you can phone or email county to ask questions:(

Well done to you for getting the grading :thumbsup:

funemnx
13-01-2011, 09:03 PM
I'm in the process of becoming accredited, hope it's going to be worth all the extra work to be honest!

guest4
13-01-2011, 09:04 PM
Hiya,
I completed my accreditation in Sept and have had 3 funded children (plus my others) since! I love it and there does seem to be a big call for it around here.

I have to say that it has improved my setting and I managed to incorporate a childs computer and desk into my playroom and the children have really benefitted.

Glad I done it anyway!

Good Luck and well done

Tracey x;)

clumpcat
13-01-2011, 09:31 PM
hi does it mean you are paid more per hour if you are accredited?

Cammie Doodle
13-01-2011, 09:35 PM
Thanks for your replies and your thoughts on this and I'm sorry Dippy Doughnut I did not mean to take over your thread :blush: Well done on becoming Accredited

guest4
13-01-2011, 09:36 PM
You will need to check if you qualify for the flexible 15 funding..... it will either be £3.40 without or £3.95 with the funding!

Currently I charge £4 an hour, but my funding is only for £3.95 per hour!!!! and you aren't allowed to charge for the shortfall!:panic:

So NO, in theory, you dont get paid anymore, and in alot of peoples cases its a lot less!!!!
But you could put your hourly rate up for the hours you provide over their funded 15!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!:(

Tracey x