PDA

View Full Version : Tummy time

AnnieM
12-01-2011, 09:21 PM
Does anyone have a tummy time cushion? They are the kind of horseshoe shaped cushions to help support babies upper body. I have been trying to find one online, but they all come with mats, which I don't need or they are in america, so I was going to have a go at making one, but was just wondering if some kind person who has one could possibly measure it for me please. I would like to know the outside measurement as if it were a square and the width of the actual cushion/sausage part. Hope someone can help me as I want to order some fabric. :thumbsup: TIA

miffy
12-01-2011, 09:25 PM
Didn't know what they were so just googled.

Could you use something like these instead?

http://www.justalittlethought.co.uk/neck-pillows.html?gclid=CM_miJ3NtaYCFc0f4Qod4z7kGg

Miffy xx

sweets
12-01-2011, 09:34 PM
a rolled up towel under the arms is great for tummy time, cheap too! lol

lots of time just flat on tummy is the best i think tho.

AnnieM
12-01-2011, 09:44 PM
Its for my grandson and when we lay him flat on his tummy, he puts his arms back and just goes face down on the mat, I have tried the rolled up blanket, but it makes him sick every time!! I took him to get weighed today for his mum and they had a little toddler group set up with a tummy time cushion, so I tried him on it and it worked a treat, I just can't now picture how big it was, but I suppose I can guess. :thumbsup: They look good miffy thanks, but I want 2 one for here and one for home, so it would be cheaper to make them I think. :o

I have just read the information on them and they have the little plastic beads inside which will make it quite hard again on his tummy, he has a little reflux so we have to be careful, but it does give the size, so will use that as a guide I think. ;)

miffy
12-01-2011, 09:48 PM
Could you ring the clinic and ask them to measure it or pop in next week and do it yourself?

Miffy xx

AnnieM
12-01-2011, 10:09 PM
I will do, will pinch him and take him along too, then whip my tape measure out when nobody's looking.:D

jane5
12-01-2011, 10:25 PM
Mamas and papas do one and galts have a dinosaur cushion toy that is the same kind of thing.

If you google them they will give you the measurement :thumbsup:

singlewiththree
13-01-2011, 07:59 AM
I have the Galt dinosaur its fab :-)

Playmate
13-01-2011, 10:37 AM
I have the Galt dinosaur its fab :-)

We do to, get used for all sorts :D

AnnieM
13-01-2011, 11:41 AM
Oooh, thanks off to google the dinosaur. :thumbsup: