PDA

View Full Version : Early Years Professional Status

onceinabluemoon
12-01-2011, 08:48 PM
HI

MY CDW has suggested I go for this. Is anybody else doing it that can give me any advice please? I have all the relevant entry qualifications but would like to know how it is in practise. The more replies the better so I can get a really good view.

I actually wanted to become accredited and last year my (different) CDW told me my degree was ok but this year my new CDW says it isn't and I have no level 3 childcare qualification as I didn't do the DHC as it was being phased out and I was told my (science) degree would be okay as a level 6 qualification... I know there is another course now but as the CDW suggested the EYPS I thought I may look into that too...

Thanks in advance

Blue x

butterfly
12-01-2011, 08:54 PM
I've done it and finished in April last year. I started on the 4 month validation pathway but that would have meant being assessed at Christmas so I decided to swap to the 6 month pathway.

I got on Ok with the assignments once you get the hang of how to write them. The gateway assessment was much less stressful than I thought. The 5 hour visit to assess was ok - the assessor was very nice. I found it difficult having to wait 8 wks after the assessment to find out the result and the assessor didn't give anything away on the day but I really think they want you to pass so help you a lot. Also the tutors are very good and I think they would say if they didn't think you were ready for assessment.

I'm not sure where you're based. I did mine through BEST PRACTICE and they were very supportive, would let you swap through the process and were very accomodating of the fact that i was a childminder. I missed one of the 5 sessions but they said that was fine and they were happy with me arriving late due to school runs. I had looked in to SWIFT and they seemed much more rigid saying that you HAD to attend ALL days unless you were hospitalised or you would fail!

The £1000 I got for doing it was very welcome and I was able to buy loads of fantastic resources that I would never have been able to afford otherwise!

onceinabluemoon
12-01-2011, 08:56 PM
I think I may have to do it via SWIfT. I wonder if we live quite close to each other? Dont want my location here but can PM if that's ok?

butterfly
12-01-2011, 09:04 PM
I have pm'd you

venus89
12-01-2011, 09:06 PM
I'm in the middle of doing it now so you're welcome to ask any questions....

onceinabluemoon
12-01-2011, 09:09 PM
Thank you hunnie, that's very kind of you.

I have to go to bed right now (6.30am start - and two under ones all day :eek: ) but will have a think and PM you tomorrow if that's ok?

Blue x

venus89
12-01-2011, 09:12 PM
Eugh - 6.30 :eek:

That's no problem, always happy to help :D

mamasheshe
12-01-2011, 09:39 PM
5 hour inspection/assessment ? ! wow i think i would of had a breakdown x

The Juggler
12-01-2011, 10:18 PM
I'm just starting mine tomorrow (6 month pathway) with Tribal. Happy to share/chat hon if you are starting now at the same time.x