PDA

View Full Version : Over 5's only?

SimplyLucy
12-01-2011, 07:51 PM
Currently I don't have any eyfs children on my books. I'm working part time in a preschool and enjoy this so much more.

I'm considering changing my registration so that I my certificate says over 5's only. I then won't feel guilty saying no to eyfs children!

Would I still have regular inspections? I've not had one since July 2008!

What paperwork would I need for older children, most of the paperwork is aimed at eyfs children!

I'm seriously considering giving up minding but changing to over 5's would be a happy compromise!

mufftie
12-01-2011, 08:31 PM
if the younger ones arnt for you then go for it , i personnally like them the younger the better

Amaranth
12-01-2011, 09:59 PM
I rang ofsted about the very same thing last week and the guy on the helpline advised me to stay as I was. I was considering coming off as I only do wraparound care now and all kids are over 5 (not planning on taking any more little ones on).He said that if I stay on the EY register along with the compulsory and voluntary it would cost me £35 for the year. If I remove the EY part it would cost me £103 each for the compulsory and voluntary! :eek: My hubby is registered too, so instead of costing us £70 it would cost us £412 :angry: Crazy!
He said I just had to inform ofsted when I no longer had any under 5's and they would make a note of it. The only downside is that after 2 years they can totally remove your registration unless you come off the EY register before the 2 years is up.
He said I 'could' still be inspected when it was due but they might defer it due to having no EY kids.