PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas on risk assessing shaving foam?

Nikki76
12-01-2011, 05:20 PM
Hi
I'm thinking of letting my mindee play in shaving foam, mark making etc and need to do a RA This is what I have as far, can anyone think of anythin I may need to add?

Ingestion - Constant Supervision
Allergies - Review Parent information forms for any allergies
Staining clothes - Protective clothing

Seems a bit short though!

Thank you!!

Daftbat
12-01-2011, 05:24 PM
I think its covered most things - I wouldn't worry too much - just get on and have fun - you will be there all the time anyway.

sweets
12-01-2011, 05:55 PM
i personally don't like the idea of them playing in shaving foam, i think it smells too strong and is not child friendly. i use childrens foam soap that you get in a can, its often in cheap shops for less than £1.:thumbsup:

Nikki76
12-01-2011, 06:16 PM
Great Idea!

Thanks!

gegele
12-01-2011, 06:46 PM
you can put that you buy hypollecgenic stuff

karensmart4
12-01-2011, 08:35 PM
We play with shaving foam, we use a cheap one and it doesn't smell very strong at all, the children love it. I will look out for children's foamy soap though, hadn't thought about that.

I got the children to risk assess it. I asked them a few simple questions and wrote their answers down. I then laminated the completed form and put it on the wall, each time we do that activity we look at the ra to remind ourselves of safety.

One of the children made me laugh they said "don't put your finger in your eye when you got shavers foam on it" :jump for joy:

I also put a remark on the bottom of the ra form to say I check my allergy list before allowing children to participate.

venus89
12-01-2011, 09:17 PM
We play with shaving foam, we use a cheap one and it doesn't smell very strong at all, the children love it. I will look out for children's foamy soap though, hadn't thought about that.

I got the children to risk assess it. I asked them a few simple questions and wrote their answers down. I then laminated the completed form and put it on the wall, each time we do that activity we look at the ra to remind ourselves of safety.

One of the children made me laugh they said "don't put your finger in your eye when you got shavers foam on it" :jump for joy:

I also put a remark on the bottom of the ra form to say I check my allergy list before allowing children to participate.

I really like the idea of getting the children to risk assess the activity themselves (and the eye poking answer!). Please may I steal it? :blush:

miffy
12-01-2011, 09:20 PM
i use childrens foam soap that you get in a can, its often in cheap shops for less than £1.:thumbsup:

I like this idea, thanks! :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

lesley
13-01-2011, 01:58 PM
It's great mixed into paint too.

Lesley

Daftbat
13-01-2011, 04:47 PM
i personally don't like the idea of them playing in shaving foam, i think it smells too strong and is not child friendly. i use childrens foam soap that you get in a can, its often in cheap shops for less than £1.:thumbsup:

I don't understand why its not child friendly - and the ones i have used have always just smelt really nice. The kids love it!

karensmart4
13-01-2011, 08:29 PM
Of course you can pinch the child doing the RA thingy.... no need to ask :thumbsup:

Louise0208
13-01-2011, 08:39 PM
the child soap is no tears (doesnt sting the eyes) but shaving foam does :thumbsup:

venus89
13-01-2011, 09:12 PM
Of course you can pinch the child doing the RA thingy.... no need to ask :thumbsup:

Thank you!

venus89
13-01-2011, 09:12 PM
the child soap is no tears (doesnt sting the eyes) but shaving foam does :thumbsup:

Well if they're silly enough to put it in their eyes.....