PDA

View Full Version : Children not collected

SonnysMummy
16-04-2008, 09:23 PM
Think i've missed a policy...
What to do if children are not collected???
Help...:D

Pipsqueak
16-04-2008, 09:23 PM
Sell em:D :D :D

crazybones
16-04-2008, 09:24 PM
Sell em:D :D :D

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

angeldelight
There should be one here

http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/policies/policies_and_procedures.html

Angel xx

tulip0803
:ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

OOps forgot to quote pipsqeak:blush:

angeldelight
Good thinking Squeaky ha

xx

Pipsqueak
16-04-2008, 09:25 PM
That really wasn't helpful of me and Angel has beaten me to it (I was going to come back and suggest Bromley - honestly guv):laughing:

angeldelight
16-04-2008, 09:26 PM
Your answer might be the better option - you could earn some money into the bargain haha

Kidding of course !!!

Angel xx

sarah707
16-04-2008, 09:30 PM
It's called an uncollected child procedure and you are supposed to list what you would do if a child is uncollected.

You need to think really carefully about it... would you really ring social services? How long would you give it before ringing emergency contacts? What if they weren't able to come? How would you look after the child and cope with their panic? What about when you ring Ofsted - which you would have to do if you were going to provide overnight care - at what point would you do this? What would the rest of your family do ... would they support you? What if parents were in a car crash or something ... how would you cope with that news and trying to sort the child?

No point just copying Bromley on this one - we all have our ways of dealing with emergencies. It needs to be personal to you and your feelings on the subject.

Hope this helps :D

Pipsqueak
16-04-2008, 09:37 PM
:ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

OOps forgot to quote pipsqeak:blush:

Thats even funnier forgetting to quote:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

tulip0803
16-04-2008, 09:41 PM
Thats even funnier forgetting to quote:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Normal occurance! It's in my genies unfortunately - it runs in the family. :laughing:

angeldelight
16-04-2008, 09:42 PM
You should not copy Bromley anyway

The point of going to Bromley is for guidance only thats why most of us pointed you in that direction

xx

Squeaky are you being naughty this evening ?

Angel xx

Pipsqueak
16-04-2008, 09:44 PM

The point of going to Bromley is for guidance only thats why most of us pointed you in that direction

xx

Angel xx

who me???? No I've been quite good actually (I think), I am a bit "dazed" due to lack of sleep.

I do reckon selling them is a good option though:D

Trouble
16-04-2008, 09:44 PM

xx

Angel xx

if bromley sold their policies they would be millionaires by now

angeldelight
16-04-2008, 09:49 PM
Very true Rascal

Angel xx

Twinkles
16-04-2008, 10:25 PM
I tell my parents if they are too late I get to keep the kids :D

SonnysMummy
16-04-2008, 10:32 PM
I've got as far as the parents being one hour late where i've not been able to contact them at all and then ringing emergency contacts to collect the child. If i couldn't contact them or they couldn't come for the child and it's been 1 hour since they should have been collected...what then???

Kelly:)

Twinkles
16-04-2008, 10:35 PM
Have you looked to see what Bromley have to say about it ?

I haven't put anything other than will call parents ,if no reply will start to ring round emergency contacts. I suppose officially you are supposed to call social services. But I think that I would only do that after several hours of not being able to get hold of anyone.

miffy
17-04-2008, 06:48 AM

xx

Angel xx

I agree with Angel (about Bromley don't know whether squeaky was naughty or not!)

I do ahve in mine that I would contact social services if I can't get hold of parents or other emergency contacts.

miffy xx

Pipsqueak
17-04-2008, 06:55 AM
Mine is (a brief overview)

Call parents - try 2 times
Go through emergency contacts
(Keep trying parents as well)

If I get no response from parents or emergency contacts I would contact SS. This would be I guess after a couple of hours of trying to contact alternative persons.

For the parents I always have home, work and mobile numbers and ask them to provide any other numbers that they may be contactable on

I ask for 3 or 4 emergency contacts (home, work and mobile numbers and addressess)

tulip0803
17-04-2008, 10:48 AM
Mine says paraphrased(word of the day)

I will continue to safely care for child
After trying parents and emergency contacts and having no reply or contact I will contact social services duty desk after 1 hour.
and Social service duty desk phone number

Probably would leave it more than an hour but it is what the NCMA recommended on the CSSIW mentoring session.

This happened to a friend of mine and Social Services said thanks for letting us know you can keep the child, they're safe, we will ring you in the morning?!

Cammie Doodle
23-04-2008, 01:28 PM
This was something that was brought up by Ofsted at a recent inspection of a local Kindergarten , they did not mention Social Services in their Policy and was pulled up about it !!!!:rolleyes: