PDA

View Full Version : Zumba

Pipsqueak
12-01-2011, 01:49 PM
taking the kids to (kids) Zumba tonight. Mindees are really looking forward to it! lol

will let you know how they get on:D :D

arly
12-01-2011, 02:01 PM
Our Zumba instructor is going to do zumbatonics for the kids think she hoping to get set up for feb so I cant wait!! :clapping:

Pipsqueak
12-01-2011, 02:02 PM
i am hoping they will be shattered! lol

zumbatomics - thats what its called lol

sweets
12-01-2011, 02:07 PM
bet they will love it.

im trying to pluck up the courage to go spinning but have heard mixed reports about how fit you have to be to actually start so at the moment i daren't go lol

karensmart4
12-01-2011, 09:01 PM
I would love to do Zumba but we don't have any classes in the area. :panic:

I did go spinning once, I got through 40 of the 45 minutes then went dizzy, the instructor must have noticed something...he got off his bike wondered over to me held my arm and guided me to the floor!!!!!! I ended up laying down with my feet up the wall :blush: :eek:

miffy
12-01-2011, 09:03 PM
Hope you've all had a good time!

Miffy xx

sweets
12-01-2011, 09:07 PM
I would love to do Zumba but we don't have any classes in the area. :panic:

I did go spinning once, I got through 40 of the 45 minutes then went dizzy, the instructor must have noticed something...he got off his bike wondered over to me held my arm and guided me to the floor!!!!!! I ended up laying down with my feet up the wall :blush: :eek:

oh no! how embarrassing. did you ever go back?

im just too scared to go in case i can't do it and end up stopping while everyone else is pedalling away!

karensmart4
12-01-2011, 09:14 PM
No I didn't go back :blush:

But my co-minder goes 3 times a week and loves it.... each to their own, if you don't try it you'll never know if it's for you or not... go on what have you got to lose :D

The Juggler
12-01-2011, 10:23 PM
fab idea Pip! I do dance around to some zumba tracks with teh mindees (great drumming music) but don't try to teach them any routines:laughing: :laughing:

Pipsqueak
12-01-2011, 10:37 PM
Well - the older kids (boys) didn't like - apparently the instructors smiled creepily lol but the younger kids LOVED it.

Had to take P and R down to the gym with my with P breaking her heart and begging me to let her go.....'pleeeease tell them i am 5 I want to do zooooooba'

i had to promise her i would teach her some ballet and let her do Wii dance.

Pipsqueak
12-01-2011, 10:39 PM
bet they will love it.

im trying to pluck up the courage to go spinning but have heard mixed reports about how fit you have to be to actually start so at the moment i daren't go lol

go for it hun.

i think the trick - as with anything you do things so that is comfortable with you and build it up.

IF I had realised just how energetic zumba was i don't think I would have gone. I'd just packed up smoking so you can imagine my lung capacity was NOT good - and half way through the class i thought i was having a heart attack! lol

sweets
12-01-2011, 10:45 PM
lol glad they enjoyed it. what exactly is it, is it dancing like salsa or is it like aerobics?

Pipsqueak
12-01-2011, 10:48 PM
lol glad they enjoyed it. what exactly is it, is it dancing like salsa or is it like aerobics?

its a fusion of dance styles - latin inspired with a bit of hip hop, street dancing, salsa and all sorts

its in short little bursts and its WAY more fun than an aerobics class

google Beto Zumba - the guy who invented it - VERY fit:D
have a look on you tube
:D

Pipsqueak
12-01-2011, 10:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf0q6qtThF4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrLLaldY-l4&feature=related

it 'looks' a bit frenetic and difficult but its not... its a blast and like i say you just do what you can and you soon pick it up

it really is happy and have a laugh

sweets
12-01-2011, 11:12 PM
oh id be rubbish at it! lol

my co ordination is bad! cant do anything like aerobics because if i have to do legs and arms at the same time then it all goes wrong and one or the other stops :laughing: i don't like dancing at all, used to do line dancing when it was all the rage but thats was ok as mostly just legs, thats why i thought spinning would be good as just legs too. just need to get a bit fitter first tho before i make a fool of myself. :blush: :laughing:

gegele
13-01-2011, 07:45 AM
yesterdaywe did the french cancan at zumba...thought i was going to die!!!:laughing: :laughing:

this after christmas feeling is not great!!!

i just can't wait for some peole to stop going as xmas brought her loads of people with new year resolutions and now there are a bit too many of us :(

but it's still great fun!!:thumbsup:

mama2three
13-01-2011, 08:15 AM
Not that Im trying to put you off or anything sweets , but spinning nearly killed me! Well not literally but about half was through the class I went dizzy , had to hold onto the wall all the way to the ladies and threw up! I sat there for a while and when I got up to go home I couldnt walk! I had managed to pull the muscles in my left leg and literally had to 'lift' my leg into the car or to go up stairs !This was the first day of a months trial at the gym which dh got me - couldnt go again for the rest of the month!!

Now Zumba I love , Lack of coordination doesnt matter - just makes it more fun! Our instructor is starting zumbatomics too but a bit far away to take the mindees.

shazsull
13-01-2011, 08:19 AM
i went to my first zumba class last night! lets just say i am the anne widdecombe of zumba.:blush: but i had a great time lingered at the back so as to not put the more co ordinated people off.had a great time sore feet but im going again next week :)

Vickster
13-01-2011, 08:26 AM
I do spining, keep the resistance on your bike down if it is your first few classes. I too have had a white out in a class. I am not brave enough to do Zumba, at least on a bike you can hide at the back...I am so uncoordinated.

saintsue
13-01-2011, 08:31 AM
Hi I am thinking about doing spinning but only joined the gym on monday so think i had better get a bit fitter first, Sue

Chatterbox Childcare
13-01-2011, 04:52 PM
That sounds like fun - will be back to read the whole thread later