PDA

View Full Version : Minding when own children off for INSET

grindal
12-01-2011, 01:21 PM
My DS1 started reception in september and looking at his calendar for the coming year I have noticed 4 more INSET days coming up. Do you carry on working when your own children have school INSET days or do you take the opportunity to have a day off and do something different?

DS2 is still at playgroup, so we could all go out somewhere for the day and miss peak busy times and expensive prices :blush:

breezy
12-01-2011, 01:22 PM
I still work, but my children are older and tend to do their own thing and dh is at work anyway!

gigglinggoblin
12-01-2011, 01:22 PM
Theres no problem if you book it as holiday as per contract, just make sure parents have notice so they cant complain.

grindal
12-01-2011, 01:25 PM
I do not actually have holidays as such as my contracts are all term time only - so 39 weeks a year. However, I do have it written into contracts that I will give 2 weeks notice if any time off is required in term time (apart from illness obviously!)

the happy house
12-01-2011, 01:25 PM
I still work it. And if other mindees have inset day too and want full day care even better!

Ripeberry
12-01-2011, 01:59 PM
I still work and secretly like Inset days as I can go out on longer trips with my kids and mindees as I'm not rushing back for 3pm!

grindal
12-01-2011, 02:11 PM
I think I will take 2 as days off and work for the other 2 days. I quite like the idea of having a couple of days with DS1 and 2 without any mindees.

DH is a teacher, so whenever we get to go out for day trips it is alway weekends or school holidays and really busy. I quite like the idea of going on a day trip on a school day!

Minstrel
12-01-2011, 02:28 PM
Won't all the children be off though and therefore everyone doing the same?

In our borough most of the inset days are set out for all the schools.

Beetlejuice
12-01-2011, 02:29 PM
I've got one next week and I've got my DD home and after schoolie all day too as well as my usual 3 under 5s :eek: . I'm carrying on as normal as have playgroup pick up for 1pm. Taking them to the childrens centre in the morning which is my usual routine. It's aimed more for the under 5s but I'll take colouring/word searches etc for the older ones and after lunch at home i'll probably let them choose a DVD to watch while the littlies are in bed as they will enjoy that.