PDA

View Full Version : my toy of the week is......

sweets
12-01-2011, 01:15 PM
a tray about 2 inched deep filled with pasta twists!

my 2 2yr old mindees have played with it all morning :laughing: did'nt think they would like it, ive given them some scoops and tubs to fill, its brill.

thats this weeks obs sorted too.

they are asleep at the mo so im thinking about putting it away so they play with something else this aft but feel a bit mean really as they loved it.

gigglinggoblin
12-01-2011, 01:18 PM
My mindee loves squishy pasta! I would leave it out, I doubt it will be ok tomorrow. We have been playing with ice cubes (only for a short time to avoid frost bite!). I am aiming to use messy tray more this year, I didnt do enough with gloop last year.

sweets
12-01-2011, 01:20 PM
ive used dry pasta so should last a few days i hope lol.

Angela234
12-01-2011, 01:24 PM
We play a lot with dried pasta

We use scoops jugs containers

Diggers tractors and trailers

Containers bottles with tops and make shakers

Top tip; play it on a carpet it doesn't break so easy so no hard bit to kneel on and doesn't scatter all around the floor.

clio0602
12-01-2011, 01:25 PM
We've had the shaving foam with ice cubes and the polar bears, seals and whales this morning. Never thought of dry pasta. Thats what I'll do tomorro :thumbsup:

breezy
12-01-2011, 01:41 PM
my lot like rice, but I get sick of finding bits of it everywhere!

caz3007
12-01-2011, 01:43 PM
What sort of tray do you use, I tried this with a small cat litter tray I got from Wilko's, but it didnt seem big enough. Perhaps I need to have a look and see if I can find a bigger one

gigglinggoblin
12-01-2011, 01:46 PM
Didnt occur to me it would be dry!

I bought a couple of gravel trays from Wilko last year, they are sturdy, big enough and less than £3, perfect! They were with the mini propagators when I saw them.

sweets
12-01-2011, 01:46 PM
What sort of tray do you use, I tried this with a small cat litter tray I got from Wilko's, but it didnt seem big enough. Perhaps I need to have a look and see if I can find a bigger one

the one i use is about 2incehes deep and about the size of 2 a4 pieces of paper! some one gave it me so dont know where its from, it has a lid too which i s great for storing.

i sometimes uses a bigger messy play tray tho that i got from the garden centre for £5, its called a potting tray and much cheaper than a proper tuff spot!

samb
12-01-2011, 11:06 PM
Sounds great. I use a tiny paddling pool that I bought in a £1 shop for messy play or if I only have 2 mindees I use a tray that is approx A3 but it isn't very deep so wouldn't be any good for dried pasta. We are having dried lentils tomorrow - we are having a colour day after something prompted by my dd so that covers orange! lol