PDA

View Full Version : Potential parents how do you open?

Sleeping Baby
12-01-2011, 09:17 AM
What do you say when a parent first walks through the door? I've tried "Hello I'm Mary welcome to my home" but that feels a bit formal. Never quite sure what to do first just feels awkard for the first few minutes, am OK once I get going, any advice/ideas?:) :)

mufftie
12-01-2011, 09:25 AM
i dont have a 'speach' i just play it by ear , usually great them with a hi , you must be xx and then a do come in , not put anyone off yet

singingcactus
12-01-2011, 10:16 AM
If I'm having a good day I get to say 'hell...' before my chatterbox son grabs them and shows them around talking 300 to the dozen :D so not a problem here lol.
Otherwise I would probably just say something like, 'hi, come on in, the lounge is through that door...'

Tinglesnark
12-01-2011, 10:50 AM
I usually greet them in the same manner that i would anyone else :D
"hello! Come in! (introduce the boys and the dog who are usually shouting hiya! well, the dog doesnt actually speak but still...) can i take your coat? a little mention of the weather and then i ask them if they'd like to go through to the sitting room. I then ask them to sit and if they'd like a drink and then go from there....
words tend to spill from my mouth....
:cool:

TinyTinker
12-01-2011, 11:29 AM
My visits have all followed the same kind of pattern. I greet them at the door, welcome them in. The kids usually make a run for the playroom!:clapping: I offer the parents drinks and chat about their requirements and they tell me about their kids. We then do a tour of the house if required and look at my paperwork if required. Then I either give them an info pack and contract to take away or they sign their and then.:laughing:

Sleeping Baby
12-01-2011, 11:36 AM
OK thanks pretty much doing the same, just me feeling a bit of a numpty to start off with!:laughing: If they have been here they sign so must be OK!

TinyTinker
12-01-2011, 11:41 AM
that's how I see it - if they signed they must have liked what they saw and liked you!