PDA

View Full Version : 2 inspectors come now

TRACEY1969
12-01-2011, 08:51 AM
a friend of mine is due to be inspected for the second time since shes been a child minder. She was told 2 inspectors come now and they also want to talk to parents about her setting. Is this the new procedure now that Ofsted have handed over the inspections to other companies?

Louise0208
12-01-2011, 09:18 AM
:eek: 2???

i feel intimidated enough with 1 in my home...never mind 2 :(

wendywu
12-01-2011, 09:22 AM
I had this once before and i refused. I said it would unsettle the children having two strangers in the house watching them and was not fair on them or me.

As for them wanting to speak to parents it would have to be by phone as none of mine would take time off work .

It just gets worse and worse :panic:

mufftie
12-01-2011, 09:23 AM
I had this once before and i refused. I said it would unsettle the children having two strangers in the house watching them and was not fair on them or me.

As for them wanting to speak to parents it would have to be by phone as none of mine would take time off work .

It just gets worse and worse :panic:

did you get away with saying you didnt want 2 , as i might try this :eek:

FussyElmo
12-01-2011, 09:30 AM
I had 2 because the inspector herself was being inspected. Tbh it wasnt any worse infact the one who was inspecting the inspector was nicer than the inspector :thumbsup:

Chimps Childminding
12-01-2011, 10:07 AM
I would also feel intimiated - I hate inspections enough as it is :eek:

As for speaking to parents, they would need to be here before 8 or after 5 to catch any :panic: i did have one inspection where a mum dropped her lo off at lunchtime and the inspector took her into another room to have a word :rolleyes: but all my children come for the full day now!

singingcactus
12-01-2011, 10:12 AM
I hope not. My house is so pokey that 2 more adults would overcrowd me if I had a couple of kids here. Unless of course it means the inspection over over in double time, in which case I could live with it for an hour or so, but not 3 hours, not with all the baggage they bring with them - and leave lying around on the floor :angry:

rickysmiths
12-01-2011, 10:20 AM
I think they should contact parents, they do meet with parents at schools and give an opportunity for a voice. It is difficult though I have drop offs between 7.15am and 8.45am though most collections now are around 5.

Now I have an extention I could cope with 2 inspectors but I think if this is going to be the case you should have at least a weeks notice so you can plan accordingly. You should also have the right to say no if space is tight and depending on how you fknow it would affect your children.

miffy
12-01-2011, 11:10 AM
I have also had two inspectors because one was training - she conducted the inspection whilst the other made sure she'd covered everything. Apart from making it a bit long-winded with questions from 2 of them it was fine.

Miffy xx

Penny1959
12-01-2011, 12:37 PM
As far as I know it is still only 2 inspectors if one is in training or being assessed - usually it is only the one.

Can not see how they would justify the expense of 2 inspectors for every visit.

Penny :)

Marshmallow
12-01-2011, 01:25 PM
:idea: Ooooo, I was inspected late November ( I'm in Peterborough ) and had only one Inspector, who sayed 3 hours :eek: but I didn't do my sef :panic: as she advised me against it !:jump for joy: