PDA

View Full Version : hope i get payed

disney
16-04-2008, 07:34 PM
one of my parent is taking their child away on holiday next week for 2 weeks im hoping that she will pay me for these holidays , as i have allways had my troubles with getting the money before . she has signed the contract to say she would pay and i gave her a holiday form that confirmed that she had to pay before her holiday & she also signed that

she paid me on monday for this week but im still waiting for the holiday money maybe she will pay ,still has untill friday so fingers crossed , may be im worrying for nothing right :thumbsup: x

Splish Splosh
16-04-2008, 07:37 PM
hope you do get payed, nothing worse than worrying about money and wether the parents will pay up. fingers crossed for you that it works and she will pay you.:)

Lou
16-04-2008, 07:40 PM
I suggest instead of worrying, you give her a gentle reminder that as she wont be here next week you will require the next 2 weeks payment in full by friday!!!

cloud9
16-04-2008, 07:40 PM
one of my parent is taking their child away on holiday next week for 2 weeks im hoping that she will pay me for these holidays , as i have allways had my troubles with getting the money before . she has signed the contract to say she would pay and i gave her a holiday form that confirmed that she had to pay before her holiday & she also signed that

she paid me on monday for this week but im still waiting for the holiday money maybe she will pay ,still has untill friday so fingers crossed , may be im worrying for nothing right :thumbsup: x

Maybe a reminder thrown into conversation may help.

angeldelight
16-04-2008, 07:48 PM
I would also remind her

Hope you get paid fingers crossed

Angel xx

ma7ie
16-04-2008, 07:53 PM
I agree with everyone else.

katickles
16-04-2008, 08:05 PM
Like you say, you maybe worrying about nothing. She has signed enough papers to say she will pay.

Fingers crossed you'll get your money.:)

mrsbumbles
16-04-2008, 08:17 PM
I always worry about being paid for holidays, even though i explain it thoroughly in their interveiw and it is in my parent pack and contract.

I am in a simalar situation at the moment, my newest mindees are on their hols at the moment and their invoice for the week is waiting on my pinboard for them plus next weeks invoice totaling £360.00 :eek:

Just hope i dont have to remind parents about it, i hate asking for money :panic:

Hope you get your money :thumbsup:

littletreasures
16-04-2008, 08:28 PM
Hope you get paid.

littletreasures

breezy
16-04-2008, 08:51 PM
I hope you get paid too, a reminder should help, just try and drop it into conversation if you can! :)

Twinkles
16-04-2008, 10:50 PM
Oh I hate it when you don't know whether or not to bring a subject up. You don't want to offend her but on the other hand you need your money before she goes.
I've had to wait till after peoples holiday before now , it's not on really. I agree a gentle reminder is in order.

emler
17-04-2008, 06:13 AM
I hope you get paid too!

Emler x

miffy
17-04-2008, 06:41 AM
I suggest instead of worrying, you give her a gentle reminder that as she wont be here next week you will require the next 2 weeks payment in full by friday!!!

I agree with Lou - no point waiting until Friday to find she hasn't paid you make it clear to her (nicely) that you expect to be paid before she goes away

miffy xx

disney
17-04-2008, 08:31 AM
havnt had a chance to remind her as shes taking some time of from work and i havnt seen her for two days as she just drops her of in the mornings but doesnt come in , & she does not come with me tonight just tommorow & after school hope she pays me when she picks her up tommorow but as she pays me in advance just would have thought that it would have been best if she had payed it all on the monday : so it was all out of the way , so to speak xx

son77
17-04-2008, 08:43 AM
Fingers crossed she pays you.

I like your idea of a holiday form, I've never thought about that before.

Guess what I'm going to be doing tonight!

deeb66
17-04-2008, 11:11 AM
I would also give her a gentle reminder before Friday.

It will be harder to deal with if you leave it and find that she doesn't pay you.

Good luck

disney
17-04-2008, 11:31 AM
well its friday tomorrow so i cant remind her before now as i dont have her tonight , and in the morning she drops her child of & drives away . so thought she would pay me when she picks her up in the evening .was thinking i could send a txt ( but i think its rude ) to do this .

to be honest i only gave her the holiday form last week & she signed it and i photo copied it and gave her one so dont think she has forgot , but even though she knows i charge for her holidays she as always wriggled out of it some how but this time i have decided if she does not pay then she will not have a place when she comes back . as i have some one waiting for a place

also shes the only one i have money problems with and it really spoils things for me as i do love my job but her trying to get out of paying so often makes me feel tired & worried having to keep asking for it so much x

crazybones
17-04-2008, 12:38 PM
well its friday tomorrow so i cant remind her before now as i dont have her tonight , and in the morning she drops her child of & drives away . so thought she would pay me when she picks her up in the evening .was thinking i could send a txt ( but i think its rude ) to do this .

to be honest i only gave her the holiday form last week & she signed it and i photo copied it and gave her one so dont think she has forgot , but even though she knows i charge for her holidays she as always wriggled out of it some how but this time i have decided if she does not pay then she will not have a place when she comes back . as i have some one waiting for a place

also shes the only one i have money problems with and it really spoils things for me as i do love my job but her trying to get out of paying so often makes me feel tired & worried having to keep asking for it so much x

I would text her a little polite reminder. If she has wriggled out of paying before then I think deep down you know she is extremely likely to do this again. Best of luck.

Mollymop
17-04-2008, 12:42 PM
I hope she remembers and pays you tomorrow Dis, if she doesn't ask her for it then and there. X

Rubybubbles
17-04-2008, 12:47 PM
I would def remind her, over the phone if you won't see her

I know it's hard but when it comes to payment thats the one thing I don't back down on:o

susi513
17-04-2008, 01:28 PM
I hate making phone calls, and I hate talking about money but its still probably worth a call today - something like, "i'm sure you've got it all in hand, but just a quick reminder to bring your payment tomorrow ... I know how hectic it can be to get everything sorted for your holiday blah blah ".

That way, if she has any excuses you can point out she has all of tonight to go to the cashpoint or look for chequebook etc instead of her turning up tomorrow with no purse or chequebook and no more options left.

Good luck!

deeb66
17-04-2008, 01:29 PM
Good luck with whatever you decide.

Hope you get paid!

disney
17-04-2008, 01:33 PM
if i did send her a txt how would a nice txt go then ? like this ? hi ......sorry to bother you but was just wandering if you had rembered that i need 2 weeks holiday pay of you 2 moz to keep ...... place open , only as you pay me on mondays i thought maybe you had forgot thanks txt bac

or not like that :idea: x oh i dont know if i should just wait and see :panic:

deeb66
17-04-2008, 01:53 PM
How about something like

Hi sorry to bother you...you have probably already sorted this but was worried just in case you forgot what with all the excitement of going away - as previously agreed I will need the 2 weeks money to be paid by tomorrow night. Thanks very much

At least by putting it that way then she can't say that it wasn't already agreed iyswim.

casey's mum
18-04-2008, 10:47 AM
Would defo send text or call...we shouldn't be put in these situations!
Great txt Deeb!
Good luck and let us know how you get on!

Angela xx

disney
18-04-2008, 04:03 PM
i txt mum last night at 6pm she txt me back at 10pm & said yes i know you want your money , tonight she came and gave it to me straight away . im glad she did as i was ready for telling her wear to go but alls well :D x

charleyfarley
18-04-2008, 04:24 PM
Well done for getting your money :clapping:

You can relax now

Carol xx

crazybones
18-04-2008, 04:24 PM
i txt mum last night at 6pm she txt me back at 10pm & said yes i know you want your money , tonight she came and gave it to me straight away . im glad she did as i was ready for telling her wear to go but alls well :D x

Great news. :clapping:

littletreasures
18-04-2008, 04:27 PM
Glad you got your money

littletreasures

deeb66
18-04-2008, 04:32 PM
Good news.

I am glad that you got paid :clapping:

casey's mum
18-04-2008, 05:49 PM
Thats great to hear! Glad you got your money!

Angela xx

breezy
18-04-2008, 05:50 PM
Great news, now go out and treat yourself! :)

Trouble
18-04-2008, 06:14 PM
well done to you for getting your money

ruby
18-04-2008, 06:18 PM
glad you got it sorted out

cathy

angeldelight
19-04-2008, 11:22 AM
Glad you got it sorted out well done

Angel xx

Pipsqueak
19-04-2008, 01:46 PM
That is great it worked out well:thumbsup:
Sometimes it just takes a little bravery (and some great suggestions/ideas):laughing:

Noodles
19-04-2008, 02:41 PM
Well done glad it turned out ok. I am terrible when it comes to asking people for money:angry: