PDA

View Full Version : How much warning do Ofsted give you?

nessynoodle
11-01-2011, 01:52 PM
Hi all

I have seen a lot of people talking bout getting 'the call' but when Ofsted do call how much notice do they give you of their visit???

I still have so much left to do (although I'm a real perfctionist so am worrying about it too much probably) but I've been registered since Sept. The trouble is, until I hear from them I don't feel all that motivated, I work so much better under pressure! But if I only have a week of pressure that's not enough!!

Thanks

Bear23
11-01-2011, 01:54 PM
I got called on a friday and they came the following Tuesaday

I'm the same as you, work far better under pressure

grindal
11-01-2011, 01:55 PM
I had a phone call just before 5pm on Thursday evening and my inspector turned up at 9am the next morning!

I think I was quite unlucky though, I have read a lot of reports on here about people who get a few days , even upto a weeks notice.

nessynoodle
11-01-2011, 01:59 PM
Oh my God I honestly thought it would be so much longer! Like a month!!! STUPID ME! Well I guess that's how they know if you really are practising the way you claim to be....well I had better crack on then and get everything organised :(

Thanks xx

Leanne59
11-01-2011, 03:16 PM
I had a phone call just before 5pm on Thursday evening and my inspector turned up at 9am the next morning!

I think I was quite unlucky though, I have read a lot of reports on here about people who get a few days , even upto a weeks notice.

Me too, but she was lovely.

Mookins
11-01-2011, 03:27 PM
i got the call last tuesday and shes coming either tomorrow or thurs...you will probably find hun in the short time you do have from the call to the arrival you will get loads done and if most of its up to date it will just be tidying loose ends

xxx

charleyfarley
11-01-2011, 05:57 PM
For one inspection she phoned one afternoon and wanted to come the folling day :eek: Luckily I had no children that week as I was decorating, managed to put her off for a few weeks :D

Carol xx

miffy
11-01-2011, 06:48 PM
I had the call one day and she was on my doorstep at 9am the following day! :panic:

Miffy xx

Louise0208
11-01-2011, 06:58 PM
i had 18 hours notification which i was glad of....im a worry freak & dont sleep if i have something on my mind..... if it had been a few days i would of been as much use as a chocolate fireguard by day 2 :panic:

Dragonfly
11-01-2011, 07:08 PM
late one weds afternoon here on the friday!

SYLVIA
11-01-2011, 08:45 PM
My last one, she rang one friday and asked me to tell her 2 days that I would be available over the next week. She turned up on the 2nd day that I gave her.

Mrs Pootle
12-01-2011, 04:51 PM
I had the call at 10.55am and said they would some that afternoon:eek:

SammyM
12-01-2011, 10:08 PM
I've had THE call today, and she's coming 2nd Feb

:clapping: :laughing: :clapping: :laughing: :clapping: :laughing:

Soooooo pleased I can have a bit of time to check everything!!

fab5
20-01-2011, 07:54 PM
I would like that amount of time to prepare too!:panic:

Milli147
20-01-2011, 08:37 PM
I had an answerphone message on a friday to call her back, but I didn't get it till the evening so she'd gone - panicked all weekend that she would come monday morning! Was a total chicken and have to admit to going out directly from sch run just in case!:blush:
I rang in the afternoon and she said she would come the following week, gave her 3 days and she came the first one, thankfully!

Leapsters
21-01-2011, 12:19 PM
Hi there,

Well I was really really lucky. I rung Tribal direct in December as I had a query regards to them coming even if I do not have a full-time child.

They answered my query and then asked if i would like to book my appointment for the inspection.

Inspection is on the 26th (next wednesday)

I'm panicking, but I do have to say that I think I've got almost everything in place. Just kinda hope he's not gonna ask to many questions as I tend to go blank :panic:

mufftie
21-01-2011, 12:26 PM
Hi there,

Well I was really really lucky. I rung Tribal direct in December as I had a query regards to them coming even if I do not have a full-time child.

They answered my query and then asked if i would like to book my appointment for the inspection.

Inspection is on the 26th (next wednesday)

I'm panicking, but I do have to say that I think I've got almost everything in place. Just kinda hope he's not gonna ask to many questions as I tend to go blank :panic:

wow id like to book an appointment , do you think theyd let me lol im on tenderhooks

maisiemog
18-02-2011, 05:15 PM
I got the call at 4pm on the monday. They came at 9am the next day!

Daffy Duck
18-02-2011, 10:15 PM
I had a call one week and had my inspection the following Monday, hope that helps. x

keatingschick
11-03-2011, 08:05 PM
I know a minder who was in the park with the children and got a call from the inspector saying she had had a cancellation and if she was free she would like to visit NOW. The minder said yes and headed home. She got OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!

And if she can get outstanding without the mad panic for days that I have making sure I have dotted every "i" and crossed every "t" then I think she 10000000000000000000000000000% deserves it!!! If Ofsted rang me while I was out and said "Go home I am on my way"...I'd not go home for a week lol!!!:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Pixie dust
11-03-2011, 08:11 PM
We are lucky that they ring first as nursery settings get no notice they just turn up on the doorstep.