PDA

View Full Version : NCMA Chair

Pipsqueak
10-01-2011, 08:20 PM
SOMEONE from here needs to be up for this - we have some terrific minders and brains on here.

Could you be the next
NCMA Chair?
Do you care about home-based childcare?
Do you want registered childminders and nannies to be well supported and to have the issues that matter to them tackled?
Do you believe you could work with other trustees to ensure NCMA staff and volunteers do the best job possible for members and the wider home-based community?
We are currently looking for the next Chair of NCMA. It's a demanding but rewarding role that will require you to lead NCMA's Board of Trustees and its National Policy Forum, to manage the Joint Chief Executives and to ensure NCMA delivers its current strategy and shapes future plans. You would also be expected to represent NCMA by speaking at events, and take part in media interviews as well as meeting government officials and other stakeholders.

On average the role requires two to three days a week, including Saturday meetings, but there is some flexibility in how this time is given, so you could work around other commitments. As Chair you would receive an honorarium payment of approx £14,500 pa (in recognition of the time it requires) as well as training and development support to help you fulfil the role.

For more information or an application pack, please contact Sue Waterman on 020 8290 2472 or email sue.waterman@*************. Closing date for applications is Friday, 4 February by 12 noon. First interview is Saturday, 5 March and if you are selected for a second interview, you will be invited to meet NCMA Trustees on Friday, 11 March and attend the second interview on Saturday, 12 March.

Chatterbox Childcare
10-01-2011, 08:24 PM
Just saw that and quickly pressed delete!:laughing:

Hebs
10-01-2011, 08:49 PM
Just saw that and quickly pressed delete!:laughing:

me too :laughing:

linda2girls
10-01-2011, 09:09 PM
Me too, couldn't press delete quick enough !!!

Linda.

Pipsqueak
10-01-2011, 09:11 PM
Ladies Ladies.... :panic:

I'd be half tempted if I wasn't so busy!

Wheres BoyBlue - reckon we could do with a bloke in the role.

Pauline
10-01-2011, 09:31 PM

He was my first thought! :thumbsup:

miffy
10-01-2011, 09:35 PM
SOMEONE from here needs to be up for this - we have some terrific minders and brains on here.

Could you be the next
NCMA Chair?
Do you care about home-based childcare?
Do you want registered childminders and nannies to be well supported and to have the issues that matter to them tackled?
Do you believe you could work with other trustees to ensure NCMA staff and volunteers do the best job possible for members and the wider home-based community?
We are currently looking for the next Chair of NCMA. It's a demanding but rewarding role that will require you to lead NCMA's Board of Trustees and its National Policy Forum, to manage the Joint Chief Executives and to ensure NCMA delivers its current strategy and shapes future plans. You would also be expected to represent NCMA by speaking at events, and take part in media interviews as well as meeting government officials and other stakeholders.

On average the role requires two to three days a week, including Saturday meetings, but there is some flexibility in how this time is given, so you could work around other commitments. As Chair you would receive an honorarium payment of approx £14,500 pa (in recognition of the time it requires) as well as training and development support to help you fulfil the role.

For more information or an application pack, please contact Sue Waterman on 020 8290 2472 or email sue.waterman@*************. Closing date for applications is Friday, 4 February by 12 noon. First interview is Saturday, 5 March and if you are selected for a second interview, you will be invited to meet NCMA Trustees on Friday, 11 March and attend the second interview on Saturday, 12 March.

I read this and thought of you Pip!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

breezy
10-01-2011, 09:35 PM
Blueboy would be great, can we make him do it? If not why not Graham? :clapping:

Pipsqueak
10-01-2011, 09:51 PM
I read this and thought of you Pip!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

Not a chance - too much going on. But boy would i like to get my hands on that job - would be an eye opener methinks. in saying that i am not a particuarly diplomatic person when things get tough! lol I tend to be a bit of a bulldozer.....

Playmate
10-01-2011, 10:12 PM
The email came through to us this evening too, Ive been trying to persuade him for the last hour, but he's not budging :rolleyes:

Only trouble is if he did go for it, I would have double the amount of work on my own and I would never see him :(

Pipsqueak
10-01-2011, 10:14 PM
Tell him we think he is perfect for the job!

The Juggler
10-01-2011, 10:15 PM
Ladies Ladies.... :panic:

I'd be half tempted if I wasn't so busy!

oh if only I wasn't doing my EYPS I'd be tempted but terrified. I went for a role as part of the NCMA committee/governing body but the interview was totally terrifying and I didn't get the job:(

Beetlejuice
10-01-2011, 10:49 PM
I deleted too :o BlueBoy would be ace at it :thumbsup:

manjay
10-01-2011, 11:09 PM
Me thinks they probably already have their eye on who they want:rolleyes:

It involves a lot of time travelling and away from family plus a whole load of public speaking:eek:

The Juggler
11-01-2011, 07:26 AM
Me thinks they probably already have their eye on who they want:rolleyes:

It involves a lot of time travelling and away from family plus a whole load of public speaking:eek:

I agree. I think it'll be someone from the forefront of the early years arena or someone already involved heavily in NCMA? They have to have a CM or ex-CM though don't they?

Carol M
11-01-2011, 08:10 AM
Not a chance here :D
Carol x
Our Penny 1959 would be great, will email her and see if she is up for it. Not sure she will be tho!
Carol x

angeldelight
11-01-2011, 08:16 AM
Carol x
Our Penny 1959 would be great, will email her and see if she is up for it. Not sure she will be tho!
Carol x

Good thinking Penny

Or PIP YEAH :clapping: :clapping:

Angel xx

manjay
11-01-2011, 08:24 AM
I have met quite a few volunteers over the last couple of years that I think fit the bill perfectly (and I know are interested!). I would sincerely hope it is someone like Susannah who is a childminder themselves.

Playmate
11-01-2011, 08:32 AM
I have met quite a few volunteers over the last couple of years that I think fit the bill perfectly (and I know are interested!). I would sincerely hope it is someone like Susannah who is a childminder themselves.

I to know a couple who are applying and they do have to be still childminding.
Susannah is going to be a hard act to follow and I think NCMA know this :D

Blue Boy
11-01-2011, 09:21 AM
Well after a sleepless night, a lot of pushing & the odd promise from Playmate ;) I have requested information regarding the role:panic: I will look at it then make a decision as to go for it or not.

Would just like to say a big thanks for the kind words of encouragement put my way:o

I will keep you advised.

Polly2
11-01-2011, 09:24 AM
Go Mick!! :clapping: I reckon you'd be fab :clapping:

butterfly
11-01-2011, 09:27 AM
Just wanted to say I think it would be great if someone from here would take on this role and I do think it would be great if it were a man! Good luck!

The Juggler
11-01-2011, 02:17 PM
Well after a sleepless night, a lot of pushing & the odd promise from Playmate ;) I have requested information regarding the role:panic: I will look at it then make a decision as to go for it or not.

Would just like to say a big thanks for the kind words of encouragement put my way:o

I will keep you advised.

wow! go for it. we'll all be backing you:clapping: :clapping:

Pauline
11-01-2011, 02:23 PM
Mick I hope you don't have too many sleepless nights making the right decision ;)

I think it would be a great thing for male childcare workers, not just in childminding but in many other areas too, to have a male NCMA Chair. What a role model :thumbsup:

Time to dispel those male childcare worker myths! :)

Chatterbox Childcare
11-01-2011, 02:25 PM

I will keep you advised.

Can't hurt to look can it? :D

ORKSIE
11-01-2011, 02:26 PM
Mick I hope you don't have too many sleepless nights making the right decision ;)

I think it would be a great thing for male childcare workers, not just in childminding but in many other areas too, to have a male NCMA Chair. What a role model :thumbsup:

Time to dispel those male childcare worker myths! :)

Totally agree Boss.

Good luck making your decision BB, us girlies are well and truly behind you:thumbsup:

Pipsqueak
11-01-2011, 02:26 PM

I will keep you advised.

Way to go:clapping:
From what I know of you - you would be great. Remember you have our backing (dunno if thats a plus or not:laughing: )

and i bet you enjoyed the prodding and pushing;)

Blue Boy
11-01-2011, 04:28 PM
Way to go:clapping:
From what I know of you - you would be great. Remember you have our backing (dunno if thats a plus or not:laughing: )

and i bet you enjoyed the prodding and pushing;)

Love a good prod ;) Can't wait to find out what Playmate is promising:blush:

ajs
11-01-2011, 04:32 PM

a weekend in birmingham with a load of other mad childminders and one other husband

glad tio hear that you've sent for the paperwork, it really would be good for a man to go for it

Playmate
11-01-2011, 04:37 PM

A divorce at this rate :rolleyes:

Beetlejuice
11-01-2011, 04:37 PM

How rude! My innocent eyes!!!:blush: :laughing:

I think you would be great Mick - you would definitely get everyone's backing here.

Blue Boy
11-01-2011, 04:39 PM
A divorce at this rate :rolleyes:

Anyone got a spare bed in Birmingham:panic:

Blue Boy
11-01-2011, 05:37 PM
At the end of the day it is the parents and children who are in the best position to say what grading you deserve. As long as you hand over the young ones safe and sound and if they are able tell their parents what they have done you have done your job and done it well.

I agree someone can have all the qualifications in the world, but that does not make them any better than the next person. It is all about how you treat the children and their parents.

As Playmate has previously said we encourage parents to think long and hard before choosing us as it the hardest decision they will ever make.

Ofsted inspectors only see you for a few hours every three to four years, parents see you every day and make up their own minds.

Pipsqueak
11-01-2011, 06:13 PM
At the end of the day it is the parents and children who are in the best position to say what grading you deserve. As long as you hand over the young ones safe and sound and if they are able tell their parents what they have done you have done your job and done it well.

I agree someone can have all the qualifications in the world, but that does not make them any better than the next person. It is all about how you treat the children and their parents.

As Playmate has previously said we encourage parents to think long and hard before choosing us as it the hardest decision they will ever make.

Ofsted inspectors only see you for a few hours every three to four years, parents see you every day and make up their own minds.

lol Blue - did you mean for this reply to be on a different thread lol:D

miffy
11-01-2011, 06:20 PM
Good luck Mick - don't know what there is to think about! :rolleyes: :D :laughing:

Miffy xx

Blue Boy
11-01-2011, 06:35 PM
lol Blue - did you mean for this reply to be on a different thread lol:D

Yes this is meant to be on your thread about Ofsted inspections:panic:

Penny1959
11-01-2011, 07:49 PM
Carol x
Carol x

Oh I would love this job.
What a shame just expanding my setting - DD 4 started as assistant on Monday - don't think will get her registered in time and just taken on full time twins (with dream parents) and got new parent about to sign for 2 full time places starting in 5 weeks.

Oh damm what rubbish timing - 4 months ago had NO MINDEES - guess will have to wait for next time - unless of course any of you ladies could lend a hand and pop along to work with DD 4 on the days NCMA would need me?

Penny :)

Pauline
11-01-2011, 08:17 PM
Yes this is meant to be on your thread about Ofsted inspections:panic:

Amazing how stress addles your brain :laughing:

TheBTeam
11-01-2011, 09:16 PM
Go on Blue boy, (i can then say 'oooh I know him!), :laughing: :laughing:

Think you would be good at it and it would be good to have a man in the role too. (good to keep men busy, only joking!!):thumbsup:

PixiePetal
11-01-2011, 09:42 PM
Go for it Blueboy :thumbsup:

Blue Boy
18-01-2011, 07:55 AM
Just to give you an up date. For personal reasons I have decided not to send in an application for the post. Thank you all for the encouragement and support you gave me, but the position has come at the wrong time:( :(

Pipsqueak
18-01-2011, 08:13 AM
thats a shame Blue but respect your decision.:thumbsup: :)

ORKSIE
18-01-2011, 08:21 AM
That is a shame....Im sure you have made the right desision:)

Pauline
18-01-2011, 12:33 PM
Just to give you an up date. For personal reasons I have decided not to send in an application for the post. Thank you all for the encouragement and support you gave me, but the position has come at the wrong time:( :(

It is quite understandable :)

Looks like it is down to you then Pip :D

Pipsqueak
18-01-2011, 01:16 PM
It is quite understandable :)

Looks like it is down to you then Pip :D

I wish :rolleyes: I just could not commit to that level at the moment and I really am not the most diplomatic person (nor photogenically pleasing or presentable either! lol) and would probably be sacked within days lol

manjay
24-10-2011, 10:46 AM
I have just found this thread whilst searching for myself on google!!! How sad is that?;) (I am waiting for my pic to be put on the NCMA website!!)

Strange how things turn out but the new Chair is most definitely not a childminder. However having met her on quite a few occasions and after sitting through her chairing her first board meeting this weekend I am convinced she will be an asset to the organisation. She has massive amounts of governance experience and she is not afraid to question decisions. It is a requirement however that if the Chair does not have childminding experience then the Vice chair has to so we will still have someone at the top who has a very good idea of the day to day running of a childminding business.

Playmate
24-10-2011, 12:26 PM
I have just found this thread whilst searching for myself on google!!! How sad is that?;) (I am waiting for my pic to be put on the NCMA website!!)

Strange how things turn out but the new Chair is most definitely not a childminder. However having met her on quite a few occasions and after sitting through her chairing her first board meeting this weekend I am convinced she will be an asset to the organisation. She has massive amounts of governance experience and she is not afraid to question decisions. It is a requirement however that if the Chair does not have childminding experience then the Vice chair has to so we will still have someone at the top who has a very good idea of the day to day running of a childminding business.

really good to hear that Manjay and with you on the board what more could we ask for :D

Penny1959
24-10-2011, 02:57 PM

I would like to second everything that Manjay has said. I met Sue Davis at the West Midlands forum and spoke at lenght with her - she makes lots of notes and does question things. I have also had reason to email her about some concerns I had - and she responded in person and although not agreeing with everything that I said - did agree with quite a few things.

Sue is also visiting my setting in November and is keen to get out and meet as many childminders as possible to hear our views in person.

And as Playmate says with Manjay on the board - what more could we ask?

Penny :)

manjay
24-10-2011, 05:17 PM
No pressure then!!:rolleyes:

Playmate
24-10-2011, 05:48 PM
No pressure then!!:rolleyes:

Absolutely none at all ;)