PDA

View Full Version : making a story bag for polar bear polar bear by eric carle...

jumpinjen
10-01-2011, 06:55 PM
Hi,

the children and i made a simple story bag to go with this book today..... we printed each animal from the link below (black and white), mounted onto the same colour paper as the animal is coloured in the book, then laminated and cut out. I put them all together in a plastic pocket in the book shelf and we used them to sequence the story together.... I'm hoping that the children will use the independently after we have done it together a few times, or do some matching, and some new animal vocab for the littler ones..... here is the link..... ahve fun!

jen x

http://www.dltk-teach.com/books/brownbear/sequel.htm

sarah707
10-01-2011, 07:35 PM
That sounds lovely - and even better that the children were involved in putting it together.

Hopefully they will take ownership of it and treat it carefully as a result.

:D

karensmart4
10-01-2011, 08:53 PM
Thank you for that :D I've just printed the pictures out, will have to order the book now :jump for joy:

I do have 'Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you See' and the children absolutely love it (they know it off by heart), so have printed pictures off for that one too.

Will read the story tomorrow, then show the children the colouring sheets ask what colour each one should be and we can have a colouring in session, then I will laminate them stick some rough sandpaper on the backs and use them for our story board :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

miffy
10-01-2011, 09:19 PM
Lovely idea Jen, thanks for sharing

Miffy xx

Leanne59
11-01-2011, 01:16 PM
thankyou for sharing:thumbsup:

cherry
11-01-2011, 01:39 PM
I used this for Goldilocks, it has some bears stuff that you might like

http://www.kidssoup.com/bears-Goldilocks/bears-crafts-activities.html#pizza

singlewiththree
11-01-2011, 01:57 PM
Thanks for the link. I have both the brown bear and polar bear story sacks and spent ages on ebay finding red birds, blue horses etc! Now I can print these out too. Thanks :)