PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had parents pull out after deposit paid?

acorns
10-01-2011, 05:51 PM
Just on here to vent my frustrations/dissapointment a bit:angry: i signed some parents up before christmas for a 31 jan start, they paid deposit (2 weeks money) & i agreed remainder of deposit (another 2 weeks money) could be paid by 31 jan. Since then I've had no repsponse to my 2 emails, the last having some important info in that I need a response to and have also sent text, again asking them to confirm they want the place again no response. At inital enquiry she was very quick to respond which is why I think somethings up! These people just don't appreciate that I have planning to do etc A bit stuck with what to do with other enquiries in the next 2 weeks. Will phone her at the end of the week Hmph!

caz3007
10-01-2011, 05:59 PM
Could you not deliver a letter through their door, saying you are trying to get in contact and need to speak to them and could they ring you.

Just thinking if it is a mobile some of my mums have changed their numbers/got new phones recently and perhaps it didnt occur to them to let you know

Pipsqueak
10-01-2011, 06:04 PM
yes i have had parents pull out after the deposit is paid.

thankfully i had put on the receipt that it was non refundable if the contract wasn't taken up on the terms agreed.

rickysmiths
10-01-2011, 09:49 PM
Have they gone on holiday? I would definately go round to their house and knock on the door. If there is no response then it is up to you.

If someone else comes along and you decide to take them on and you haven't heard, then I would put a cheque for the Deposit through the door with a short letter explaining you are sorry that your circumstances are changed and you tried to get hold of them by all means without success, and you are no longer able to offer them a place. You don't have to explain any more than that.

acorns
10-01-2011, 11:39 PM
Thanks, will give it to the end of the week and try again. i'm hoping they do come back as they seemed very nice!

acorns
11-01-2011, 07:35 PM
:jump for joy: :jump for joy: :jump for joy:

Mum contacted me today and apologised for not being in touch. Confirmed that she still wants the place:clapping: :clapping:

I need to learn to keep the faith & be less impatient!!

Minstrel
11-01-2011, 08:15 PM
Great news :thumbsup: