PDA

View Full Version : Being nosey - how much holiday?

Beetlejuice
10-01-2011, 05:23 PM
How much holiday do you take? I'm in the process of working out my holiday dates for this year and think I'm taking 23 days - just need DH to confirm with work that he can have the same days. Just worked out that I took 22 last year.

Is that a reasonable amount? I don't get paid for holiday. When I worked in an office I had 25 days paid - the only thing I miss!! (oh and paid sick leave)

SaijaM
10-01-2011, 05:29 PM
Hi there,

I haven't taken any holiday since starting (I've been registered only since 3rd september), however my thought was to take 4 weeks unpaid per year....

:) Saija

Chimps Childminding
10-01-2011, 05:33 PM
I don't get paid for holidays either. I usually have upto 4 weeks holiday and am closed for 2 weeks over Christmas, plus I don't work Bank Holidays. Actually when its written down, it looks rather a lot :blush: Having said that I only had 2 weeks plus 8 days over Christmas last year:rolleyes:

Hebs
10-01-2011, 05:48 PM
i take a max of 4 weeks off and i do have paid holidays

MAWI
10-01-2011, 05:52 PM
I take between 2 to 4 weeks all unpaid. Depends on each year really. I dont work bank holidays either. I know a friend of mine who takes 8 weeks, Im not sure I d get away with that many. Nice thought though

manjay
10-01-2011, 06:23 PM
I am taking 6 weeks this year (all unpaid). One at Easter, three in the summer hols and two at Christmas then all the bank holidays on top:D

clio0602
10-01-2011, 06:29 PM
I take 4-5 wks unpaid plus bank hols x

mr man
10-01-2011, 06:35 PM
im taking 5 weeks a year. al the same time so i know eaxcly for parents when they come.
i am only taking them in the school hols as my own children are in school. so i have planned one wk easter - last 2 wks of summer hols , oct h/term and one week over xmas ans new year.

they spaced out enough i think, to enjoy time with my family.

my hols are unpaid.

sweets
10-01-2011, 06:35 PM
ive just changed my holiday charges with parents. instead of full fees for there hols and none for mine we are doing half for theres and half for mine, up to 5 weeks a year on both sides.
thought it would make it easier for when we have mutual time off like christmas and easter.

bank hols are still full tho but double if worked.

Alibali
10-01-2011, 06:36 PM
I take 5 weeks unpaid and 10 paid public hols, all parents know from the start and it has never been an issue.

singlewiththree
10-01-2011, 06:47 PM
I take 2 weeks at christmas and 1 week inbetween unpaid but it usually ends up more as all my parents wants the same week off so I end up saying I will take it too (soft I know!) I also don't get paid BH.

funemnx
10-01-2011, 07:27 PM
I usually take 3 weeks off more or less and all the Bank Holidays (unpaid)

sarah707
10-01-2011, 07:39 PM
I have Christmas week, a week for half term May/June and a week in the summer. I don't get paid.

I also take bank holidays unpaid (I don't want to work them) :D

RachelE
10-01-2011, 07:43 PM
I take a week in Spring - either Easter or the May/June hols.
2 weeks in August.
1 week over Christmas.
all bank holidays.
All unpaid.

Rachel x

Shivvie
10-01-2011, 07:43 PM
Hi. We take 5 weeks unpaid, plus unpaid bank holidays. :thumbsup:

solly
10-01-2011, 07:47 PM
I take up to 4 weeks unpaid and the bank holidays which although I dont work them i do get paid.

Most of my parents dont seem to mind how many weeks I take off as long as i give them enough notice, so they can take the same time off or i use the lovely group of minders to help with holiday cover:)

linda2girls
10-01-2011, 08:00 PM
I think I will be taking about 23 days off this year, all unpaid, plus all the bank holidays (I don't charge for those).

I state in the paperwork that I will take upto 4 weeks per year, so I'm taking a little bit more than that - but 3 days are for the period between Xmas and New Year which parents don't work and probably wouldn't want to pay for, so hopefully that will be OK.

Linda.

Mouse
10-01-2011, 08:02 PM
I'm taking 5 weeks this year, though I normally take 4.

SYLVIA
10-01-2011, 08:44 PM
I take 4 weeks, 2 term time, 2 school hols. Its unpaid but i work payments out over 12 months so they stay the same when I'm on holiday and it feels like its paid.

Beetlejuice
10-01-2011, 08:49 PM
Thanks everyone - I recounted my actual holiday (bank hols aside) and it's actually 20 days as I forgot I only work Monday - Thursday now lol!! Sounds like I'm doing ok then and not taking too much. I don't work bank hols and I don't get paid for them either.

This year I'm taking

- 1 week at easter
- 2 weeks at beginning of summer hols
- 1 day when my DD starts school :(
- 1 day for NCMA conference
- Christmas

rickysmiths
10-01-2011, 09:17 PM
I take five weeks paid holiday and have all the Bank Holidays paid if the fall on a minding day for the family. I am prepared to work them for an enhansed rate and have in 16yrs only been asked to work one Boxing Day.

The min for an employed person is 25 days so wether we are paid or not, this is the time our parents will have and all mine have a good deal more, so why should we manage a busy both physically and mentally, year with any less?