PDA

View Full Version : How would you charge for this?*urgent*

Adiamond
10-01-2011, 09:59 AM
:clapping: Morning everyone, I have just had an enquiry for a lo
monday- friday 10am-3pm :clapping:

It is one week on one week off, the mum asked me how I would charge for this and I said I would explain at meeting THIS AFTERNOON!!! arghhhh

I know I should charge full whack at my normal £4.00 per hour so that would make it 25 x £4.00 = £100.00 per week for all weeks.

But how do I explain this easily to mum?

I haven't stopped yet this morning I think I left my brain bed lol :blush: x x x

Tinglesnark
10-01-2011, 10:02 AM
congrats!
I would charge half fees for the "off week" or pay as you go but then i am in a stick patch where im trying to lure them in. I am sure someone savvy will come along soon!
x

mrs coops
10-01-2011, 10:03 AM
i would just explain that you have to charge her to guarentee (sp) that she has that space if someone else can't have it hope that makes sense? lol

blue bear
10-01-2011, 10:04 AM
Seems straight forward to me £4 per hour , maybe mum thought you might charge more as using only part of day ?

Goatgirl
10-01-2011, 10:30 AM
Hmmm,
She may have been hoping to only pay for the weeks she uses...

How about a choice of payment options to show you are trying to be sympathetic to her situation?

Explain you have x number of spaces and would expect to earn the full amount from each as you can't expect to fill the weeks not needed.

However, to accommodate her situation, you could offer her
either a higher daily rate for the weeks she uses and half this for the week she doesn't use. (I thought, as your usual hourly rate is £4, why not charge £5 for the 'on' weeks and £2.50 for the 'off' weeks. This would average out at £7.50 an hour, so you're only losing 25p an hour overall...) If you include food normally, maybe ask for a packed lunch as a compromise to help cover the shortfall.

Or if you did it based on a daily rate (minimum 8 hours, 8 x £4 = £32 a day) you could charge full for the 'on' weeks and ... 25% for the 'off' weeks? That would be £160 for an 'on' week and £40 for the one not used = £200 over the 2 weeks, which is the same as if you were charging £4 an hour every week. Except this way, if she ever wanted to use the 'off' week hours (with sufficient written notice :)) she would pay full price for those, so you'd make extra.

Good luck with the meeting :)

best wishes,
Wendy

the happy house
10-01-2011, 10:31 AM
As she is paying for a 'space' and not merely for your time, I would charge full rate for the 'off' week.

auntym
10-01-2011, 10:43 AM
As the space could be filled by a fulltime child I would be inclined to charge full fee. Every wk. However if work is scarce and you are desperate I would consider half fee when not there.if someone else comes along after this you can offer her the holding space for a fulltime fee but advise this x

manjay
10-01-2011, 10:47 AM
I have one child every other week. I only charge for the week he is here as it suits me to be quieter on the alternate weeks.

Just be careful that you choose something you are hapy with. Potentially this child will take up a full time space for not very much money.

jelly15
10-01-2011, 10:52 AM
I would charge a flat daily rate as you would be unlikely to fill the hours before 10am and after 3pm with another litte one. For the week they are not coming I would charge half to retain the space. So if you charge £4.00 an hour say 10 hours is your full day so thats £200 for week one and £100 for week two.

HELEN10
10-01-2011, 11:02 AM
Tell her you would have to charge for every week as you cannot possibly fill the weeks that she does not require.

Then maybe say something like this, 'however rather than charge you a full day rate which would normally be applicable for those hours, I am willing just to charge you for the hours you require'.

Good luck.

Chatterbox Childcare
10-01-2011, 01:04 PM
I would charge my min daily fee of £25 per day and charge for all weeks unless you really wanted it and then a retainer of £15 for the off week

See whether she is getting tax credits and if she is paying both week in full won't make much difference to her

Adiamond
10-01-2011, 03:06 PM
Thanks everyone, after all that sorting she didn't blooming turn up.We agreed for her to come around 1ish it is now 3.04pm I don't think she's going to come now :(

Gaawd I had forgotten how no shows make you feel hasn't happened to me for ages!!!

Aww well not gonna lose any sleep over it :rolleyes: x x x